Our guest is who?!

ALISHA

It was just the second of January, and my entire family was already working. Well, even I had to. I was in the gym, warming up for training while my entire family was already at some shoot, or at some event.

Busy life.

“I see both of you had quite a good time off, didn’t you?” Dimitri walked to us as we stretched on the mats.

“Yeah.” We both chorused, revisiting our vacations. Lauren had been in Australia for the New Year, where it was summer and perfect for some beach time.

“But sadly enough, it’s over. So better get serious.” He pushed me further down to make every nerve in my body stretch to its optimum capacity. Biting my lip to suppress a whine escaping my lips, I closed my eyes. Dimitri would never let us loose for a minute.

“I want to see your vaults. Now!” he told us, knowing we both must be lacking behind. Punching him in my mind, I went to get my meter while Roo got ready for her first vault. My numbers were low just when I needed them to be high. Increasing the flow of my meds, I looked on as Lauren landed- on her knees.

“Alright,” Dimitri sighed, getting up from his chair and walking towards the vault.

“You’re hands have to be this,” he showed Lauren a posture, “Not this.” He showed her what mistake she was doing that made her loose balance while coming down. Wrong posture deprived her of the energy to land right.

“Alisha.” He called and Lauren went to the other vault with foam to practice her vault some more.

“Go.” He signaled and I focused on the vault. I ran towards it, letting my muscle memory take over. Sadly enough, I stumbled out of line and fell down after landing. He told me to try again, and I did the same thing all over again.

“Here,” he held my legs in one hand. “Keep them together, like someone’s tied them. Letting them wander in the air looks pathetic and doesn’t help your landing either.” I nodded made a mental image of myself keeping my feet together.

“Alright, we’re done for the day.” Dimitri announced and I sighed in relief. A long session with him seemed fruitful in the start but by the end you felt like you were ran over by a trunk millions of times.

“See you.” Lauren hugged me and went out to her car. I stayed in the gym for a while, watching the videos of me performing my vault. I had to stick it by tomorrow.

“You’re here still? You may want to come home.” Mike came in and I got up.

“Why would I want to go home?” I asked, entering my house. Going to the kitchen, I grabbed some fruit and was about to make my way upstairs when the door to our house opened and I gawked.

“I…you…but…today…what?!” I rubbed my eyes, sure I had to be hallucinating. This could not be true.

“Hello, Alisha.” She smiled at me and I blinked at her, star struck. One of the most successful couples in the music industry were standing right in front of me, and I was practically lost.

“You are Beyoncé?” I asked, punching myself in my head the next moment. I meet one of my idols and that’s what I say?

“And Jay-Z” he added, coming inside. Near me.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to…I didn’t know you were…I wouldn’t have been dressed like this if I knew!” I exclaimed, looking down in embarrassment. I was in a blue leo, covered with chalk and sweat. Why didn’t anyone bother telling me that they were coming to our place?

“That’s ok, I love your leos really.” She replied, shooting a thousand volt smile. Someone got them refreshments and they sat down on the couches.