Justice is served

ALISHA

Being woken up by Cassie is never good news; I had learned that a few years ago. It happened only when I was in deep trouble and had dragged others with me.

“I didn’t even initiate the twitter protest, I swear.” I mumbled, defending myself while getting up and getting adjusted to the lights. It was hardly 5am, she had to be a workaholic to be up and ready in the formal outfit at this time of the day.

I looked at myself. I was in a loose pair of tee and boxers which I could not part away with. I mean it was one of those clothes we all own that are almost torn but you simply can’t do away with it.

“Well, speaking of that it only generated good PR, but I am here for something else.” Her voice was soft, but definitely not sweet and off business mode. She was the lady who ruled the office, she was the boss around here. And she made sure she behaved like one all the time.

“So for a change I’m not in trouble with you?” I asked, rubbing my eyes and checking my oxygen levels. She shook her head and sat down on the bed, helping me find my phone in the mess of sheets and covers.

“I got some news, and I think you would like to know.” She looked down, showing some hesitation. This worried me, her hesitating scared the hell out of me.

“What happened? Everyone is fine, right?” I was alarmed, now, gazing right at her. I saw Tyson enter the room but stopped at the entrance to give us two some space.

“The RAW and special agents identified them, they were all killed in an encounter outside the border.” She showed me the email in her blackberry, but I didn’t need to read it to know who she was talking about. The only people I and RAW wanted were the people behind the attacks on my school. They were the terrorists, cold inhuman creatures that were vicious enough to kill hundreds of innocent kids and people.

“When?” I asked, and she replied back in business mode,

“About two hours ago. The president is about to announce it to the media soon.”

Of course she had the information sooner than most people in the world did. It was her job to keep track of all the news in the world, and apparently this news had already started to leak on the social media. News like this didn’t stay under the cover no matter how hard the governments tried to hide it.

“How many were killed?” I asked and she shrugged

“The master mind and his son who helped him. His manager was killed before hand two days ago while he tried to escape the arrest.” That’s all she had right now. I nodded once to deliver my thanks, because my voice was lost somewhere. She fortunately knew I needed time to recover from these events and left me alone.

Tyson still stood there in the doorway and I looked up to him in tears. He had reached my school just in time before I went unconscious. He had seen me get out of the building but still getting pushed into the claws of death.

“I don’t know what I feel.” I admitted, and he came inside at last looking at me with pity in his eyes.

“You’ll figure it out.” He replied, his voice weak too. I had never seen him weak, not in his entire time with me. But right now this news overwhelmed him too.

For months we had wished that they would catch the real culprits, the master minds, behind these hideous attacks. The world had wished for this. And not that they were in hell; I didn’t know what to feel. I felt relief, I felt sorrow, I felt grief and I felt anger. A turmoil of emotions rose through me and I took a deep breath, bottling it in.

The universe and its sick sense of humor. I was sure they were the only people in this world I wanted dead at any cost, and now that they were, it felt worthless. All the lives had been lost, they had been destroyed. The families were still in denial, still in incredible pain. I was just recovering from the attacks, the nightmares had just begun to fade away; the scars were just healing. We had just begun with school again, we had just started to hang out and have fun again.