Leave me alone

ALISHA

Saying the slumber party was fun would be an understatement. All of my friends except Hailie, Amber, Ashley had joined in tonight. By the end of it, we were all like this huge family and acting like we had known each other for all these years. Nick had been a little skeptical with it, but then when everyone kicked off there was no turning back. We spent the night watching the ‘Toy story’ and ‘Madagascar’, digging at more than a dozen of popcorn bowls and innumerable packs of chips.

Later some dozed off to sleep and others gathered in a circle in the Jonas tour bus to play truth and dare. By the time it was six am, Kevin had pink glitter nails, and on my phone was a video of Lauren singing ‘Friday’ by Rebecca Black while being in a handstand. God alone knew how many times had I rolled on the floor laughing at something, like a crazed walrus.

“We have to get going.” Mama J walked in with Big Rob and I frowned. They had a tight schedule and had to travel the world, but I wanted just a little longer with all of them. It had been weeks since we had this innocent fun, and nobody knew when we would be able to meet after this.

“Please, just ten minutes more?” I pouted and Big Rob shook his head. Slumping my shoulders, I saw the guys go in and get ready. We sat there, still in our pajama’s from last night.

“Do you have to leave?” I asked Nick when I knew the answer. It was inevitable, everyone left you one day or the other.

“We’ll meet again soon.” Nick hugged me tight and kissed my forehead. He was the youngest and therefore the one I troubled the most, but he was very close to me- now even more than before.

“Sel, promise me you will chat every single day.” I hugged her too and could see everyone saying their goodbyes.

“I will.” She hugged me with all her might and I could sense the tension in her body. She was leaving me once again, and none of us wanted to. But there would be no crying today, nope, not today.

“I’ll miss you two.” Joe and Kevy hugged me together, almost depriving me of oxygen. They were stronger than they thought they were, but then I didn’t care. I wanted them here for as long as possible, even if it meant them suffocating me.

“Me too.” Joe kissed my forehead too and I could swear I almost saw tears forming in his eyes. People assumed he was the joker of the family- and that he was- but he was very emotional too. He could not bear pain, loss, grief. Just like the other boys.

“Tell Papa J to come again soon.” I hugged Mama J and she patted my back. Her curls again ticked something off in me and I pulled back.

“Big Rob.” I looked at him and he turned around.

“Miss Alisha I…”

“Scratch the ‘miss’ and come here.” I spread my arms and he picked me up. Not many people knew that he was one of the coolest people around in the Jonas crew, that he was almost family. And I might add he was humongous.

“Wait a sec.” I went into the washroom and pulled on a jeans and top instead of my pajamas and came up tying my hair up in a bun. Going out with them, I saw cameras and fans, screaming, yelling. I saw them get into their rented SUVs and head for the airport, waving last goodbyes towards me and some of my friends. Sara was beside me and someone was asking her ridiculous questions. Shooting daggers at the paparazzi, I waited till Leo got my car around so I could drop Sara and head home.

He thankfully was fast, and within a minute we were speeding on the traffic free highway. A few paparazzi cars were following us, one almost crashed into a pole. Leo was used to this now, he had mastered the skill of getting rid the cameramen in almost no time.