Gone?

ALISHA

Waking up early in the morning had never seemed more inviting than today. I could meet Adrian now, while jogging. Tyson pulled up in front of Adrian’s swim club and I saw him waiting in shorts and tee. I was myself wearing shorts and a tank top from Adidas and Puma shoes.

“Morning.” He hugged me and I hugged him back.

“I’m glad you are alive after my brother’s attempt to kill you.” I teased him and he played along.

“Oh, he was almost successful.” He shuddered at Salman’s thought and I burst out laughing. We weren’t gonna go to the cliff today, but were gonna jog around Beverly Hills neighborhood. Trust me, jogging with palm trees and luxurious mansions around is a great experience in itself.

“Adrian, you have two more brothers to deal with.” I reminded him and he gulped.

“And my friends, especially the guys.” I added more and he stared at me.

“Dude, you are not helping.” He said atlast and I threw a shoulder around him. Him being taller to me by six inches made it difficult and awkward, but yeah.

“Stating the truth, my friend.”

“Uh-huh.” He chuckled and we jogged along. I showed off my fine numbers and he didn’t mind me blabbering about the dream I had yesterday. He told me a lot more about his sister who was seriously suspecting a relationship between us and told his parents. Let’s just say his mom wasn’t very thrilled to find out the ‘Alisha’ her step-daughter was talking about was a celebrity sister.

“Hey Alisha, are you two a couple?” A paparazzo spotted us as we neared my gym, with Roo thankfully with us. She met us while jogging and demanded to know Adrian more straight on his face. I wasn’t pleased then, but now I was almost grateful.

“No. You think I’ll jog with him with a friend if we were a couple?” I answered firmly and Adrian nodded.

“What we have between us is purely friendship. And how in the world did you find out my name?” Adrian asked and I giggled. I had requested Adrian to not reveal anything in front of them and he had agreed. Roo rolled her eyes at him and shot the paparazzo a smile when he asked her to.

“They know everyone’s names.” She stated as we departed our own ways.

“What the…Liz!” Roo called and I turned to see her standing at an empty parking slot. Which belonged to Dimitri.

“Where is he? He’s never late.” She asked and I shrugged. For months he had been coming to gym on time every single day, no matter what the world was going through. One should learn being punctual and dedicated from him, really.

“Stuck in traffic?” I guessed.

“I don’t think it’s good.” Roo entered the gym and I followed her.

“Why?”

“I saw a USA gymnastics dude talking to Dimitri, and it was pretty heated.” She told me and I raised my brows. Maybe that was the reason he didn’t spend much time torturing us in the last two days. But it didn’t fit- why wasn’t he here? I mean, talking to them was one thing, and disappearing was another.

We continued to warm up for the day, deciding things on our own. Kay was in the extreme corner of the gym, maintaining her distance from us. I hated to fight with a friend over a guy, but I had no choice. I didn’t mean to hurt her, but Adrian made it clear that he was never interested in Kay. Apparently, she was too desperate for his taste. And he told me something she never did- she had proposed to him before and he had refused.