Education matters

ALISHA

“Aryan, I missed you dude!” I hug tackled him as he came into the gym. We were done for the day, and just getting out when Aryan walked in wearing his taekwondo outfit. Oh well, he was the favorites for gold this year, he had to be practicing his ass off like us too.

“I missed you too, now get off me!” he pushed me lightly and I acted fake hurt.

“Uh, I’m gonna leave you two bipolar people and go home.” Lauren side hugged me just as her chauffeur came in with her car. Dimitri had already left, so there was nobody around right now. Flipping the lights off, we both went towards my bedroom.

“Hey, no doors closed with guys in room.” Ruth yelled from downstairs and I yelled back,

“You know well that we two are just friends, right?”

“Rules are rules.” He replied back and I sighed. Nothing would get him to change his order, so why bother trying? Keeping the door open, I slumped on the couch with Aryan besides me.

“It’s nothing, just had some news. So, after the attacks none of us have even looked at our schools…or what is left of it. But apparently, the managements of my school and your school have decided to build a new school for us. They took over Oberoi secretly and renovated it and shit. So yeah, that’s that.” He looked around and furrowed his brows at nothing in particular.

“And…” I stressed and he chuckled. He knew I knew when he was hiding something, and never was successful at keeping it that way.

“I may get in there. They agreed to have special timings for child artists and athletes, so it fits for both of us. And yeah, it’s gonna be the coolest school ever.” He emphasized on the last word and I tried to look excited for his sake. The truth was, I didn’t give a damn about the school being cool or not because I wasn’t going.

“I know, you don’t even wanna go to school anymore…” he trailed off and flashbacks ran through my mind. Going to school had almost killed me. Hundreds had died, only because they went to school. How could I do that all over again? Shaking my head, I got the thoughts out of my mind. Do hell with schooling.

“Anyways, gotta run. Flight to catch.” He ran out before I could press to stay for a while. Shrugging, I got into the washroom for a shower. I had the biggest rips in my hand ever, so I was wearing the alovera- an plant- eye relief on my hands, modified for my use. It looked pretty dumb wearing a lime green belt around my hands, but my hands felt a million times better using it. Also, it was natural so had no side effects on my body.

“Didi.” Arhaan walked into my room as I was on twitter, replying to random questions. Some people were actually wondering if I was in the ICU ‘cause I hadn’t gone online for a while.

“Ah, how’s my champ doing?” I picked him up and set him on my right lap.

“I won a race.” She proudly showed me a chocolate he had earned. Agreed, the chocolate wasn’t worth anything, but his nonchalant smile was priceless.

“Congrats!” I shook his hand and he grinned wider. My little nephew loved when someone shook his hand, he felt older and mature then.

“Comes here, and runs straight to didi.” Arbaaz came in and I patted the seat beside me. I was guessing he and Arhaan had come down for a nice dinner at our place after days. I wished Malaika could have come, but I knew getting work done was important too.

“How was your trip?” I asked as Arhaan played with my shirt.

“Exhausting.” He pointed at the visible dark circles around his eyes and I frowned.