Moche's Café

ALISHA

Turns out Hailie totally meant it when she said she was gonna drop in. She came in with her uncle Nathan, and we had a great time gossiping the entire night. As a result, I was tired, sore and grumpy in the morning. She had left to fly with her dad and sister to Istanbul for a short vacation. Did I mention Hailie was Marshall Mather’s or Eminems’ or Slim Shady’s daughter?

“What did the therapists say?” Dimitri asked as I met him outside the gym at six in the morning.

“Yes. A simple yes to all the crap you had scribbled. And oh, I got the pod.” I proudly displayed my pod and he nodded once. Could he once, just once show any emotion? I mean, I loved flaunting it in front of everyone I could. For some reason, I loved it and wanted people to know about the little box of plastic that was now responsible for my life.

“Can we go inside?” I asked and he shook his head.

“No, we train outside.” I hadn’t even completed blinking at him in surprise when he started jogging off. I joined him and thus began the adventure of jogging in Beverly Hills at dawn. He had his ipod on and I had my phone with me.

“I can’t.” I gulped, taking support of a palm tree after about half an hour. It was a ten kilometer long trail, and we hadn’t even completed half. I was beyond exhausted and terribly low. With hand trembling, I tested and went blank when I was the number fifty seven flash. Damn exercise mode. I hadn’t switched the pod into my exercise mode at all. Doing that, I stood there with my eyes closed. Dimitri didn’t utter a word, just stood there with arms folded.

“Now that you had your rest, just two kilometers more.” He said as soon as I straightened myself. Frowning and mentally punching him, I did what he asked me to. Gosh, I hated him with all my might right now.

“You are gonna do that for a week, increasing half a kilometer every day.” He told me as we reached the gym. Growling a yes, I went inside and striped into the leo for the day.

I soon discovered that sometimes, the pod was a blessing, and others it was a nuisance. In the end, I detached it with Roo’s help. She listened intently about PF, and promised me she’d help me out at gym with managing it. In the end, I ended out so torn that I had to be carried from the car to my room.

“Wake up.” Salman came into my room and I rubbed my eyes. Oh crap. It was four in the afternoon, and I was still in my leo. Normally I would have thrown a tantrum over being woken up this early, but I had to rush.

“I need to get ready and be out in ten! I’m so dead.” I cursed, getting out the first thing I got from my luggage I was yet to unpack. Rushing into the bathroom, I got rid of my leo and had a quick shower. Pulling on my jeans and strapless printed top, I went out and grabbed a bag and my wallet with my phone and stuff.

“Want a ride?”

“Desperately.” I looked at Salman who was amused to see me rummaging through my room. Getting out, he got his dearest Honda super blackbird- or something named close to that- out and I rolled my eyes. He just needed an excuse to ride his bike.

“Mike will be in the shadows.” He handed me a helmet and I pouted. I was hoping he’d let me go without security but no chance.

“Where to?” he asked once we were out of the gates and on the road.

“Moche’s café.” I replied and he shook his head while zooming past the pedestrians and cars. Moche’s café always had been the hangout spot for our gym team, and I was supposed to meet Kay and Roo there. Dimitri had been mean enough to drag us all away even while water break, and we needed to get together.