The Jonas are in Town

ALISHA

“Yeah I will stick close to Mike Tyson. Yeah. Alright. No. Yeah. I did. Twice. Yes, yeah. I know. I won’t. Yeah. Great. Ok. Yeah. Fine. Got it. Safe journey. Bye.”

“Brothers.” I groaned as all the three guys in front of me were trying not to burst out laughing as I spoke to Sohail. Ever since we told them about the little fan moment yesterday, all my brothers have ordered me to have Mike and/or Tyson with me everywhere I go, and called me every hour or so. Overprotective idiots.

“Hey, they just want to see you safe. And after you telling us about yesterday, I feel like telling Big Rob to guard you too!” Kevin looked at Big Rob at the table besides us, fully professional and yet into our conversation.

“Yeah, anything for Miss Alisha.” His heavy voice boomed through the place.

“For the last time Rob, call me anything but Miss Alisha.” I rolled my eyes at him and he chuckled. He knew very well how much I hated it, but still.

“Speaking of, where is your hero?” Nick asked impatiently, one of his curls popping out in a weird way. I had called them here for a small announcement, and we were done with that part of the evening. He had his lips zipped the entire time, only adding, ‘great idea’. And that was how one could ruin all the excitement in the air.

“Dunno, maybe he’s stuck in traffic.” I shrugged, and went through the menu. Just then, Joe kicked me from beneath the table. And I kicked him back. And thus started the kick wars.

“Guys, zip it.” Nick snapped at us and we stopped. It was not the best idea to mess with Mr. President.

“Nicky, what happened to a little bit longer?” I asked, trying to start a conversation with the obviously grumpy Nick.

“It’s gonna release when it will.” He replied, not bothering to look at me. I slumped back and Joe hit him on the back of his head. Nick hit back, only a little harder.

“Hey you two!” Kevin jumped in and they kept their hands to themselves.

“Ok now, kill the being mad at each other part.” I tried, but both of them didn’t budge. Nick was high the entire day, I knew that. And Joe was just being Joe. Can someone please explain to me again why all the girls found them adoring? They could be real pain in the butt when they wanted to!

“For a change guys, let me just be.” Nick went to the men’s restroom and I sighed heavily. I always knew how diabetes took toll on one’s body and mind, and now was experiencing something similar to it myself. I just couldn’t get mad at him for some reason, I had too much sympathy.

“I shouldn’t say this, but sometimes diabetes tortures us more than it tortures him.” Joe rested his chin on his palms and I nodded. Just then, Adrian came in.

“Here Adrian.” I called out as he scanned the place for our seat.

“Hey.” He sat at Nick’s seat and I introduced him to the guys.

“Adrian, this is Joe and Kevin. Nick will be her anytime now. And guys, Adrian.” They exchanged heys and hellos and went back to doing nothing.

“Oh come on, you know each other. You’re friends. Go insane like all the guys do.” Before they could do anything, Nick stood right next to Adrian.

“I think this was my place.” He growled at Adrian, making him get up and take another seat next to Joe. He sent me a ‘he’s-crazy’ look, and I blinked once to tell him to calm down. He didn’t know about Nick’s pathetic numbers, he’d never understand in the first place.