Meeting his parents

• Dedicated to to everyone who is reading it!!!! :D

ALISHA

Off-white cardigan, printed top and jeans with the cutest pair of heels and matching thin belt, with a huge clutch to carry my things. This was what I came up for today, which was possibly one of the most special days of my entire life?! Seriously, I had done better than this. Maybe I could consider changing into the fifth outfit.  

“You’ll do great.” Malaika pressed and I rolled my eyes at her. She was trying to co-ordinate my outfit and me, and was frankly tired.

“Just watch that eye rolling.” She added and I sighed. I was gonna ruin everything today, and our relationship would come to an end.

“Adrian’s here.” Mike called on the intercom from downstairs and I made my way down. It was funny how people had just now started using the intercoms- usually it’d be just yelling across the house. Adrian was in simple jeans and a tee-shirt, but he wasn’t the one who was supposed to be the guest tonight, I was.

I told Adrian that I might leave for Mumbai soon, and he pressed at me to meet his family. It was a little early but he was persistent and I had to give in. And now I regretted my decision to meet his family tonight, I was panicking inside out. Adrian gave me a peck on my lips and we got into the car without any conversation.

“Call me when you leave.” Mike closed the door as I got out after Adrian. He drove off, but I stood right where I was. Their house was beautiful from outside, with a nice swing and porch to hang out during the summers.

“What’s wrong?” he took my hand in his and cupped my face. I loved those green eyes, and hated to see them worried.

“I will mess things up.”

“No, you won’t. You’ll like everyone, they’ll like you, we’ll have a great time.”

“Hope so.” I gulped and crossed my fingers. He got inside and I followed him, shielding myself from his family. Why was I freaking out like I was meeting the president, I didn’t know. All I knew was that I was gonna mess up like always, and we’d be in a huge pile of crap to deal with.

“Welcome honey.” His dad came to me with a genuine smile. Whoa. He did look like a marine indeed. With a well built frame and tanned skin, he didn’t even look retired from his post. But at the same time, his face radiated welcome, warmth- like I was his own daughter.

“You have a beautiful house.” I looked around the place. It was moderate in space, yet styled artistically. Every corner was unique in its own way, paintings all over the place. The contrast colors somehow seemed to melt into each other and brighten the house.

“We tried to make it look good today. Adrian here had never been so nervous about getting a girl home before today.” His dad told me and I smirked at Adrian. He rolled his eyes at his dad and tried to avoid my gaze.

“This is Michelle, my wife.” His dad introduced me to a lady who came downstairs. I couldn’t help but notice the short dress that barely covered her butt and showed off her cleavage that just by the way looked plastic. With the itsy-bitsy red hot dress, she had much more make up than suitable for the occasion or dress. I was pretty sure her lips were pouty and beautiful, but everything red just spoiled it for me. I had grown up in the show-biz industry, so I knew makeup and stuff. I had also seen people get it all wrong, sometimes out of stupidity and sometimes out of desperation. But this woman right in front of me was from some another planet entirely.

“Hello Mrs. Fields.” I smiled at her and she flicked her wrist at me.

“Call me Michelle.” Her voice was hoarse and I immediately disliked it. Alright, I couldn’t hate my first boyfriend’s step-mom, even if he did himself. I decided to give it a chance- maybe she was good on the inside.