It's not Gym-nice-tics

ALISHA         

I woke up to a terrible text.

Can’t meet you at jogging today, my sis’s sick :( - Adrian

Np tc of her and urself – Alisha

Who was I kidding? Why now, why did she have to fall sick today out of the 365 days in the year? Ok, my numbers were in fifties, I needed to keep it in check. Dialing numbers on my pod- that was acting cranky the entire night I might add- I left for the jog with headphones inside my ears and trying hard to not think about Adrian. I learnt one thing today- coldplay music could be very helpful in situations like these.

“Hey Alisha, are you and Adrian dating?” a paparazzo was standing outside my gym asked. Ignoring him, I kept my speed steady towards the gym entrance.

“Is he a good kisser?” another guy screamed from a corner and I jumped at his voice. I could see Mason at his car watching the drama unveil in front of his eyes but he didn’t move an inch to assist me. I wished Dimitri was here right now, he’d hand the paparazzi their asses.

“Move!” I yelled finally and they let me barge into the gym. Roo got in just as I was getting my hair into a pony and Kay was already warming up. What happened to us conditioning together?

“I hate this city.” She mumbled and I raised my brow at her.

“I want to go to Paris. Now.” I shook my head at my dear friend. She would never get tired of Paris, Rome, Milan and Switzerland. I seriously wondered how anyone could not be in love with Beverly Hills, but Lauren was one of her kind. If not for her height of 5’1, she’d be the biggest supermodel after Kate Moss.

“And what is the rule about jewelry?” Mason pointed at the medical bracelet still on my left wrist.

“It’s a medical id tag.” I replied a little more rudely than I should have. Grabbing my wrist roughly, he read off the encryption and rolled his eyes.

“So much of show off.”

“Why in the world would I show off my disease?” I fired right back at the terrible excuse of a gymnastics coach.

“To gain pity, simple.” He replied back and turned around to leave. I stood there dumbfounded. Did he just call me an attention whore indirectly?

“You have no right to say that.” I snapped at him and Roo held me back. She knew we were already in a heap of trouble from yesterday, anymore would potentially destroy our careers here at the Sky.

“I have every right to say everything I want.” He sneered but I didn’t back down.

“No you don’t.”

“Just as I thought. You just crave pity, attention, power. Look at the attitude.” He came dangerously close to me and Roo, Kay smirking from the other corner.

“It’s not called attitude, it’s called standing up for yourself.” I countered back staring him right into his malignant eyes.

“I was hoping to do it in a better way, to put up an act of being sorry and shit like that. But I’m gonna do it right now. You are no longer permitted to train in the gym. On record, due to your health issues, and off the record, because you piss me off.” He handed me a letter and marched off towards Kayla, helping her on vault. I held the letter with all my might, crumpling the brown envelope. Roo grabbed it from my hands and read it in her mind. Her forehead creased and she cursed under her breath.

“It’s nonsense Lizzie.” She tore the paper apart and I took a deep breath.

“Goodbye.” I went out of the gym and Mike didn’t question me getting out so early. Just one look at me and he knew something was terribly wrong. He let me in and I asked him to get the barrier between the front of the car and the back. Between the blackness of the back, emotions finally hit me with full force. Curling into a ball, I wept silently as we went home. One terror attack had changed so much. The second best gymnast in the country now had no gym, a coach who was fired and a deadly disease. Tango Charlie was affecting my life even after his death. Nothing would ever be the same, nothing in my life would ever go back to normal.