Another start

ALISHA

New Year. It wasn’t just some new excuse to go out and party, but it meant something to most of us. It was another year of opportunities, of endless dreams and goals. Another year we were alive. And trust me, after seeing death in the eye, even a day more seemed like a blessing.

It was almost 1 pm when I got up and showered, letting my muscles soothe themselves and my eyes slowly opening. Yawning, I went into the closet choosing random shorts and top for the day. I had a feeling it was gonna be lazy today, so I hardly cared to dress up.

I went downstairs to find no one, so got hold of my phone and hopped on to twitter

*twitter*

BeingAlisha : Happy New Year tweeples! Let this year bless you with everything you ever wished for…and more.

BeingAlisha : About the SNL apology? I can forgive but for some reasons not forget…I can’t say it doesn’t hurt anymore.  

BeingAlisha : Yes, maybe I’m holding grudge when I shouldn’t, but I’m being honest. It hurt and I can’t forgive easily. It was insulting, it was humiliating.

BeingAlisha : And now I’m gonna stop whining on the first day and get more positive…so sorry I wasn’t online for long, I was having an off!

ArbaazKhan : @BeingAlisha nobody expects you to get over it and behave like nothing happened. Atleast you are honest.

BeingAlisha : @ArbaazKhan Aww thanks!:** and you are tweeting, but I can’t see you around…where are you?

ArbaazKhan : @BeingAlisha lazing in room with Arhaan, Malaika and Salman. Come over.

BeingAlisha : @ArbaazKhan lol ok coming.

I barged into Arbaaz’s room to find almost everyone hanging out. His bed was a mess of wafers and cans of coke and sprite.

“Today’s lunch.” He spread out his hands and I laughed. Yes, being millionaires we survived on chips sometimes. True misers, all of us.

“So, anyone kept any resolution?” I asked and Malaika raised her hand,

“I promised myself to not eat any junk…oops.” She took another load of pringles and ate them, winking at me. I chuckled, but this was old joke. Happened every single year.

“Any serious resolutions?” Adrian asked and I raised my hand,

“I promised myself that I…will never take another resolution because it fails every time.” I nodded and he snickered. It wasn’t exactly a secret that I was miserable at following my word, especially if it was something trivial like dieting or getting better grades.

“I have one.” Arbaaz raised his hand and I raised a brow, “To gain a six pack like my three siblings.” He stated and I nodded until I realized what he meant,

“Hey, I do not have a six pack! I just have…strong abs muscles.” I defended my body and he laughed his butt off. Nobody spoke anything against my abs, they were the muscles that were helpful. Alright, every muscle in my body was helpful when it came to gymnastics, but I was particularly protective and defensive about my abs today.

“Aww, show me!” Rosalie pleaded and I blushed.

“Not now.” Arbaaz warned me and I nodded. I was definitely not taking off my shirt before Adrian, not even if he wasn’t around.

“Boring people.” Rosalie pouted and went out the room, making Adrian shake his head in dismay.

“I can’t wait to go back home.” Malaika sighed heavily and I frowned. As much as I loved the idea of being back home, I hated the fact that I would have to start training again. I had been conditioning here, but it wasn’t close to the vigorous training back with Dimitri.