Why am I even training still?

ALISHA

It was quite obvious that I had a late night with Salman and Malaika. We didn’t go to a high-end club or some ridiculously expensive lounge, but we just hanged around in the city. Walking down the seaside, eating the ice cream sundaes and laughing at the silly jokes we cracked. People noticed, but we didn’t get into any major trouble.

But then, we returned home only at 2am, and crashed right on Malaika’s and Arbaaz’s bed. Yes, four people on one bed when we had atleast fifteen rooms with King size beds in this mansion. Only us.

Getting up in the morning I yawned to find everyone still deep asleep.

“Wake up.” I poked Salman repeatedly till he stirred a little,

“I got my dream, let me sleep now. Your dream, you get up early.” He mumbled and I growled at him. Damn, he was right. I had said I would continue to train, national team or no national team. So I had to get up in the mornings still and workout.

“Morning.” I smiled at Roo while wearing my running shoes. She was already ready and sipping on her protein bar while Dimitri entered inside.

“Morning sexy.” She smirked at me and I raised a brow at her.

“Nate came over yesterday.” She whispered and I ‘ooo’ ed her. She nad Nate were really close, and I mean every word of that. It could get a little awkward and not so Disney around them, but you had to love the pair.

“Girls, I don’t have all day!” Dimitri pointed outside and we went up and outside, we were gonna jog on the morning beach today, because Dimitri loved freezing the hell out of us. It was hardly ten degrees, and having a beach and winds made it even worse. Mike came along with us but made sure he gave us the space we needed.

“I’m frozen.” Lauren rubbed her arms as we got into the gym. We hadn’t realized how cold it was outside due to the heat produced by our bodies, but in air conditioning the sweat made us shiver.

“Can we increase the temperature?” I asked Dimitri.

“Injury-prevention conditioning.” He simply stated, grabbing an apple from his duffle, rubbing it against his sweat pants and taking a bite. I clenched my jaw and cussed under my breath before hitting the bars for conditioning.

“He’s a meano.” Roo mouthed and I agreed back. Spending the day in the  gym, in school and directly back at gym left me struggling to stand, so by 4pm me and Lauren were laying down on the grass as someone fetched us some snacks. I would have hogged on it if I had the energy to.

“I hate this sun.” Roo grumbled, shielding her eyes.

“Oh well, I asked him to go away but he doesn’t.” I chuckled at how we could find the commonest of the things amusing in our own way.

“Shoo, sun, go away. The supergirl doesn’t want you here.” Roo flicked her wrists as if to signal the sun away. I smiled at her attempt to make me feel better, and it did. Just being here with her made me feel better.

“Supergirl, right.”

“What, you fought those Goddamn terrorists. I would have peed in my pants just seeing them.” I laughed trying to imagine her afraid. The terrorists would have run away if she were to tackle their butts. Just her razor sharp words just slice their throats.

“Never mind, it’s just a media tag.” I shrugged it off. The people would forget soon enough. Nobody would ever remember me, the gymnast.

“I admire you, you know.” Her voice was softer now, much more serious. I looked at her and found her staring at the East, the blue skies in the horizon.