Telling the guys

ALISHA

Ok, my first kiss. It still seemed foreign as an idea. I loved every micro second of it, and didn’t regret it. I had never thought it would start with a guy I’d consider a jerk or a player. Nor did I think we’d be fighting before confessing we liked each other. Nor did I think that we’d be all sweaty and it’d take place on a morning jog. Nor did I…you get the gist. It was not what I had always thought it would be like. It was even better.

“Do you know how you’re gonna tell him?” Mike asked and I frowned. I knew exactly who he was talking about- my brother.

“The question had been haunting be. Guess I’m gonna be spontaneous.”

“As long as you tell him.” he shrugged it off and I pushed the thought to the back of my mind.

We reached home and I saw Salman’s car in the driveway, which meant he was home early. He had to choose this particular day for coming back early, when I was hoping he came back late at night after an insane party with some of hollywood’s biggest celebrities and I’d be asleep?

“Hey.” Salman greeted me as I got inside. Some of his colleagues were over, discussing changes in some endorsement deal with Salman and Cassie. Not that I understood most of the things, but I got clean quickly and joined them only to hit the pasta they were having along with lasagna.

“Ok, Lizzie tell me this. Would you prefer a sky diving stunt or diving stunt?” he asked, and I replied immediately.

“Sky diving!” I had always wanted to go for it, but the guys said that was only for when I was beyond sixteen. I never got what difference did three years make, but anyways.

“Most of our polls say girls prefer girls who can sky dive more than ones who can dive into water.” A old man, dressed smartly read of a bunch of high quality, milk white paper.

“Not necessarily.” I immediately pictured Adrian, shirt off in the pool. Greek God.

“I think I know exactly who you are talking about.” Salman whispered into my ears and smiled at the people scattered around,

“Ok, so sky diving is final. But I have some important work, so if you will, we can discuss the minor details tomorrow.” They nodded and left the house, all the while Salman smirking at me. He requested the living room to be empty, and within seconds it was just us two on the black couches.

“I can tell you wanna tell me something.”

“You can read my mind.” I replied with a straight face, wondering how I’d start about with the conversation.

“No, I can see it in your transparent eyes.”

“Ok. Remember how I promised I’d tell you everything? So here I go. Today we were…jogging, no running. Then walking…and then we were talking, or fighting, or bickering?” I looked at my elder brother, and got up to leave.

“Hey, wait.” He called and I grumbled,

“I can’t do it.”

“Yes you can.” He pressed and I sighed heavily. Trying not to meet his eyes, I focused on the textured rich purple wall and played with a strand of my hair.

“We kissed. Twice. Adrian and me…” I trailed off, blushing. I waited for response, but there was none. There had to be something, shouting, getting out his gun, calling and threatening Adrian. Or locking me in a room, and never allowing me to come across a shadow of any guy.

But when I turned around, Salman was looking down at his Armani shoes in deep thought. He slowly raised his head and got up abruptly to hug me in those warm brotherly hugs of his. I hugged him back after several moments of confusion, and he whispered in my ear,