Date gone wild

ALISHA

When you were out with Arbaaz, it was a given that it would be fun but well within the limits. You know, he was the reserved, well-mannered, sophisticated guy. And I was the complete opposite. I didn’t give a damn about being reserved and sophisticated, especially around people I knew. My motto was simple- if we have one life, why think twice?

And that was what we were arguing about. To go crazy or not go crazy. Arbaaz had kept his promise and had taken me out for some fun this evening. Today the choreographer, me and Dimitri were figuring things out and that wasted a ton of time. But the advantage was that I wasn’t acting like a zombie but a human being.

“Oh come on, it’s not such a bad idea.”

“Bad idea? It’s terrible!” he shook his head and I rolled my eyes at him.

“It’ll be fun. Let go for once!” I pressed and before he could react dragged him to a corner. We were at Taj, just out of some shopping stores and Zodiac for a coffee.

“Just do what I said. There, that man in grey.” I looked at our victim from the corner of my eye and Arbaaz tried to stop me. Just as he was passing by, we jumped in front of him and yelled pointing at him.

“No..Ahhhh!!” I pointed him up and down, and the poor guy was terrified. Arbaaz was reluctant but he did what I asked him to and we were cracking with laughter. The poor guy still didn’t get what we did, but our spectators did. Some were whispering and others giggling, all way too ‘classy’ to laugh in public. Idiots.

“You are insane.” Arbaaz pulled me outside as the guards stared at us. They knew us, hell we came here like it was a café across the block.

“But it was fun.” I managed to utter between my fits of laughter. The poor man’d face was worth a million dollars. That goodness he didn’t get a heart attack or something!

“That it was.” He admitted and got into the car. After a day of begging, Arbaaz agreed to not get any security with us. The harder part was to convince our security head, but he was under the impression that Arbaaz would handle everything. If they knew we were out here doing this, they’d shove our asses up our throats.

“I wish I could be like you guys sometimes, like you and Salman.” Arbaaz sighed, halting for a traffic light.

“You’re talking as if you’re dead. You’re in your twenties, have fun!” I gestured wildly and he smiled half heartedly.

“Uff, the serious guy. You’re not in office anymore so get energetic and have a blast.”

“It’s not as easy as you think Lizzie. There are so many things going on, everything crazy around here.” He gripped the steering wheel tighter and drove past the cars and cabs in speed. Another thing common in my brothers, they all loved cars, bikes and speed.

“Trust me, I know. But that does not mean you can’t enjoy your life! I mean I get it, you have always been the quiet one, but it’s been getting worse.”

“I know. But I can’t seem to handle everything. The movies, contracts, Being Human, our production house, and all the commitments as a husband, father and brother. I mean, it gets hectic.” He sighed and honked at the cabbie going slow. I hated seeing his wrath, because he wasn’t the one to get pissed fast. But when he did, it hit him and everyone around him with full force.

“Of course it will. If I can handle it, so can you.”

“Alisha, my life is a lot more complicated than yours.” He added bitterly and I snapped at his assumption.

“Yeah? Who is the one trying to juggle with life at two ends of the globe? Who tries to forget one random Thursday that changed her life? Who has to deal with a disease, and train for hours wishing to get a spot in the national team and Olympics? Who deals with all the haters in the world, who call themselves your fans? Who doesn’t have parents and will never know her birth story? And who is dying inside every day but living her life in the hopes that it’ll get better?” I was yelling by now and Arbaaz pulled over seeing me lose all control over myself.