Farmhouse

ALISHA

I woke up in a bed I didn’t know. It was a carved teak wood bed, with drapes all around. Panicking, I went out of the room. I had my clothes on and all, so it couldn’t be that, right?

Looking around the place, a sense of security wrapped around me again. I knew this place, hell; it was one of our second homes. A farmhouse to be exact. All our animals and pets were now here, since handling them in our house with all the chaos was impossible. All our pets were named after designer brands- the twin beagle puppies Dolce and Gabanna, the cavalier king Versace, Australian shepherd Armani, and the last dog golden retriever Prada. Of course, we had cats named Louis and Vuitton too.

Our horses were named in that fashion too. My black horse was Chanel, Salman’s was Gucci and Sohail’s was Valentino. And Sohail was pretty pissed off when Malaika announced the names. Yes, she had won a rock paper scissor round, so she got to decide all the names. Why else would I choose that cliché names?! But I had to admit, I was pretty cool to have almost all the high end brands wagging their tails when we came in. Yeah yeah, I know I could get childish.

I got into the room I knew as Salman’s, and crept up near him. It was early to start, but hell I needed company. Squealing my heart out like a crazed fan girl, I ran out the room just as he landed on the floor with a thump and yelled out after me.

Next victim, Sohail. Going in ninja style I bent down to his ear, but before I could repeat the torture, he held my wrists and pulled me towards the bed.

“And what were you upto?” he asked, pinning me down with just one hand. He was shirtless, and his black hair was a mess.

“Waking you up, like the good sister I am?” I tried, and failed miserably.

“Uh-huh.” He reached his hand to my belly button and I wiggled around more.

“No, anything but that.” I begged, but he began doing it. Again.

“Please, no! Help me!” I yelled through the hysterical laughter and tickling. It was getting harder to even breathe, and my stomach hurt when he finally paid heed to all the begging and pleading.

“Tickle attack!” Salman came in and I got up with a jerk, my back surprisingly not hurting at all. Running out, I went into the kitchen.

“Please, not now. I just went through one with Sohail.” I begged across the counter. He smirked at me and shrugged.

“Ok, but don’t think I’ll forget.” He sat down, and I sighed in relief. Malaika came in with Arhaan, and Sohail followed Arbaaz soon enough. By the time we were all there, our cook had started setting plates and I started helping him out.

“Oh crap.” I shattered a glass on the floor, spilling all the orange juice in it.

“Alisha! Why in the world did you need to juggle with three glasses at a time?!” Malaika yelled at me and I was terrified of her. I had never seen her yell at anyone this much before. And then it had happened before, I had broken a glass…and it turned out horribly.

“I-I’m sorry, I d-didn’t mean t-to.” I looked down at the glass, but Malaika was beyond furious.

“No, don’t you dare sweet talk out of this one! Why did you need to carry three glasses at a time?!” her anger made me flinch and I stepped away from her. Painful memories rushed back and I begged again,

“Please don’t h-hurt me. Please. I won’t d-do it a-again.” I shuttered and jumped as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Nobody is gonna hurt you ever again, especially not over broken crockery.” Salman hugged me and I clutched him with all my might. In the protective arms, it made more sense now.