Parting Ways

ALISHA

Waking up in the morning, I rushed to the bathroom and got ready as soon as I could. Wearing a sweater dress, leggings, boots and practically no makeup, I barged into Mike’s room.

“Good morning.” He passed me a chortle but I ignored it, scanning the room.

“He’s in the shower.” He pointed and that’s when the door flew open.

“I’m out.” He grinned at me and I was literally mind groping his chest. He was clad in a white towel waist down, his perfectly toned body dripping wet.

“No, you are not looking at him almost naked.” Mike covered my eyes and made Adrian wear clothes. Just then, Tyson came inside and we all went to my brothers’ room. Mike had been with me since I was a reckless kid, but sometimes he behaved like he was one of my brothers too. Atleast Tyson was a bit more practical.

“I know, go ahead.” Tyson nudged me while Mike was in the front. We were walking down the corridor, and I hadn’t gotten a chance to kiss Adrian good morning. Giving each other a little peck, we kept walking like nothing happened.

“You’re here. Mind if you get Lizzie…you here?” Sohail raised a brow at me and I smile sheepishly. He looked outside to see Adrian, and rolled his eyes at me. His girlfriend Sam was in the room too, drinking coffee only in his shirt and boxers while my brother was shirtless. Way to keep it a secret and not screaming ‘we-had-sex-last-night’.

“And I struggle to even smuggle a kiss or two from you.” Adrian chuckled but Sohail heard it.

“You’re lucky we are that liberal.” He warned us as we sat down on his couch. Sam gave me a hug and I embraced her back. Well, atleast she wasn’t an one night stand. I had started to like her more and more every day, but then nothing could convince me anyone was good enough for my brothers. Maybe that was what they felt too? Whatever, but I was definitely not half as bad as they were!

“I thought you didn’t have your phone?” Sohail eyed me as I checked for texts.

“You gave it back, allowed me to go to the concert, and I assumed my punishment was over.” I shrugged, replying to my friends at light speed. I swear I couldn’t possibly live without my phone for over an hour or two.

“Yeah. Guess so.” He let it go and I victory danced in my mind.

“What did you do? Lauren told me on facebook that you were grounded.” Adrian placed his head between his cupped palms and I slumped back into the hot red couch.

“I was being a total bitch.”

“Hard to believe.” He narrowed his eyes at me.

“I was. You know, I was rude to everyone around me.” I replied with a straight face. Obviously, I wasn’t proud of my antics, but it was the past. Though apologies weren’t the end, I tried my best to convey my guilt towards everyone later.

“Alright, breakfast buffet and we’ll get moving. Adrian, your flight back to LA leaves a few minutes before ours. So, you can come with us.” Arbaaz came in with Arhaan following him. Then came in Salman, unshaven and listening to music on his ipod. Malaika was busy checking her makeup still, and I rolled my eyes. What was it with her obsession of looking flawless every single moment of her life?

Sure.” He nodded and I frowned.

“Hey, we’ll meet again. Soon.” He cupped my face and I looked into those sincere pair of emerald eyes.

“Promise?” I extended my pink finger and he chuckled, not before extending his own and intertwining it with mine.

“Promise.”