Sad and Happy...Sappy

ALISHA

I was pretty grumpy and pissed off today, so I just slammed the door shut when Tyson dropped me at the start of Rodeo drive.

“Hey.” He honked and I sighed.

“Yeah. Sorry. Thanks. I’ll call you when I get done.” He nodded and went off towards the parking spaces. Walking towards the stores, I spotted Adrian sitting on a public bench with KFC tub digging into their chicken wings.

“Hey.” He greeted me as I grabbed one of the wings and ate greedily.

“Someone’s pissed.” He noted and I explained.

“You’ll have to deal with a bitch today thanks to low numbers, a pathetic day at gym and well…low numbers.” I threw my head behind and closed my eyes. Inside, I felt defeated, like nothing was going right. Even Tom and Jerry seemed boring, even Dalai Lama seemed rude. Basically, I was messed up big time.

“You’ll get through it.” he touched my hand and I smiled at him half heartedly. Everyone around me was trying to make me feel better, but it was hardly working. I mean how could anyone replace Dimitri, how could anyone get me rid of pulmonary fibrosis? Both of the tasks were impossible, so better not say ‘it’ll be fine’ cause it never will be.

“Come on.” I got up and he raised a brow at me.

“We have to shop. Cons of liking a girl with money in her bank account dude.” I smirked and started walking. He picked up his tub of chicken and wallet before following me. I walked randomly and spotted right outside one of my all time favorite stores. Salvatore Ferragamo.

“It’s a long time since we’ve seen you here.” A lady came up to me and I smiled at her. Maria had always helped me around this store, every since I was nine and bought my first bag from this luxury brand. Yes, I was spoiled rotten from a young age by my brothers, and loved to shop around in the best of stores. Problem?

“Kinda busy.” I shrugged and glanced around. I mean, what else could I say? ‘Oh, I almost died fighting bad-ass terrorists, then finally got back to gym, but my coach was kicked out and I was out of the national team, oh, did I mention I have a killer disease?’ Nah, probably not a good idea. Shaking the thought away, I thought about the new collection that got me drooling and I quickly made my way to their shoes.

“Do you always shop in insanely expensive stores?” Adrian asked me a little too loud and I chuckled. Others threw him weird looks but he didn’t seem to notice since he was so damn busy gawking at the price tags.

“No, not always. But today I just feel that I have the right to shop here. Though I’m gonna regret splurging so much, it’s paradise for now.” I picked up a pair I instantly liked and tried them on. Ok, they looked hideous on my feet. Trying another pair of blue and black, I smiled in victory.

“They are mine.” I handed them to Maria and she nodded. Grabbing another clutch I liked, I decided to slow down and keep it down to two items. Paying for those two things, which were well over $2000, I let Adrian hold the door for me. I never liked the idea of boys treating girls like they were handicapped, but my brothers had always done so on dates so now I was quite used to the concept.

“What allowance do you get?” he asked me as I proudly carried the bags in my hand.

“I’m not discussing my finances with you, Mr. Adrian.” I spoke in business tone and Adrian was quick to catch up with my play.

“In that case, Miss Alisha, I will have to use other means of finding out.”

“Go ahead.” And we both burst out laughing at our corporate act. We spent walking up and down the lane talking and giggling at the most random things. With most tourists trying to shop, we were a major distraction I must admit.