Grab your dreams

• Dedicated to ALL THE 40,000 READERS! THANKS!

ALISHA       

For a pleasant change I was on time, and there was no traffic on our way to my school. I was practically punching into the laptop to complete my assignment and send it before I reached school. Just one paragraph left and I’d be done. And then I’d use the school’s Wi-Fi when I got near to send the mail to my physics teacher.

“Done!” I raised my arms in victory as our gate neared. Picking up my bag and stuffing the MacBook inside, I opened the door to get inside. Tyson didn’t have to bother to get down because the paparazzi were at bay thanks to the extensive protection our school was receiving from the government. Police force after the attack was done and hundreds were killed- intelligent.

“Alisha!” a senior called out and I looked back. Jason was the guy who was a leader in his own right- he took care of meetings and any programs in school. Though I admired his qualities, he wasn’t the kind of guy I’d interact much with.

“Yeah?” I raised my brows and he handed me some papers.

“You are the fest leader in checkpoint section of IG, and no I didn’t appoint you it was your teachers. Yeah, given a choice I would have voted against you but anyways.” He shrugged and I snapped at him. Vote against me, what did he mean? Trust me, nobody gets away with treating me like that.

“Hey!”

“Reserve the energy for your post, and read through the details. I want the things done by today evening.” He hurried off towards his class without giving me a chance to utter a single word. Sighing at the extra work I had, I went off towards our classroom for the first lecture- Chemistry. Kill me now.

“Alright, everyone wait back for a minute please?” I tried to get some attention as soon as it was time for break, but everyone just walked out. Ok, maybe I wasn’t that good a leader when it came to calling for attention.

“What’s with the papers?” Lauren inquired and I explained the entire deal to her.

“We’ll get their attention.” She smirked at me and grabbed my elbow, dragging me to the cafeteria where majority of the students were.

“Wait and Watch.” She went to the front and removed the trays from the table closets to her. Keeping one foot on the red chair, she climbed up the table and yelled through the café.

“Hey guys, listen! Guys!” her dominant voice echoed through the place and everyone stared at her. Even the servers gawked at her little stunt, and the students went silent in a moment. Thank god that there was no staff member in the café right now, otherwise we would have won other free trip to the coordinator’s office.

“Thank you. Now, my friend had something to announce.” She pointed at me and I gulped. I was definitely not gonna climb the table, but since I had all eyes on me I didn’t have to.

“Umm, ok. Look our school is gonna have a nice three day fest in January and we’re planning to invite all IGCSE schools in the city. Oh yeah, all of them. It’s gonna be drama, music, visual arts, theatre, sports, gaming and every single little thing you can think of. Just an informal note, for the guys there is also a fart competition.” I winked at them as the guys cheered. Boys will be boys. Disgusting habits and them went hand in hand, but thankfully I was immune to it by now.

“So, everyone in checkpoint, which is grade fifth to eighth, comes to me for registration. We will need your support in every way- design of invites, script, décor, every detail has to be managed by us. I’m pretty sure you have my email id by now- or at least my Facebook. Contact me about all the things you can do, and we’ll go forward from there. Thank you, and now you can start eating. I’m hungry too.” I noted and the room roared with laughter. Lauren high-fived me and we went to buy something to eat that wasn’t fatty or unhealthy.