Gym team

• Dedicated to ALL THE GYMNASTS AND COACHES IN THE WORLD!

ALISHA

Who did not absolutely completely love the Ice age series? Anyone who didn’t like it was a moron. Yes, I say it right on your freaking faces.

Enough with my rant, let’s get to the point. It was Thursday, which meant the official premier day. There were a total of three releases this weekend, but I was sure that Ice Age four was gonna rule the box office. Just like every time, India had its premier with all the celebrities here invited for further publicity of the movie. It was all a trick to make the Indian crowd go and watch the movie. Yes, after years of living in a filmy family, I finally knew a thing or two about publicity.

Whatever the case, our entire family had invites to the red carpet and after-party. I and Lauren were in my room getting ready for the night. Salman and Arbaaz weren’t available for the event, so we had passes. Sohail called on the intercom and I picked up,

“Hey, I’m calling from the office. And I know you’ll be pissed, but I can’t come.” He stammered hesitantly.

“Why?!” I snapped at him and Roo raised concerned brows at me.

“Work deadlines.” He mumbled and I sighed. I couldn’t even ask him to just give up on important work and come with us.

“Fine.” I slammed the receiver down and that’s when Dimitri came into my room.

“You forgot this in the gym.” He chucked me my meter and I half smiled at him.

“Going somewhere?” he asked pointing his chin towards my open walk in wardrobes and the pile of dresses outside.

“Ice age four.” Roo replied instantly with excitement evident in her voice. Dimitri smiled and Roo looked at me with glint in her eyes. I immediately knew what she was thinking about.

“You can come with us!” I invited him and Roo nodded.

“No…red carpet isn’t my thing.” His forehead creased and I nudged Roo.

“Come on! Girls in gowns, wine, music, party!” she counted off on her fingers and I hit my  head. Why would he care about half those things, he wasn’t even that kind of guy. Tell him there would be gymnastics or ballet, and he’d come hopping.

“Yeah…no.” he stated flatly and I pleaded more.

“Team spirit?” that was the last weapon I had left that could make him surrender in front of us and our idea. He thought for a moment and rolled his eyes at us.

“Alright.”

“Yes!” we both high-fived each other but Dimitri cleared his throat.

“But I have nothing to wear and…”

“Don’t you worry about that.” I flicked my wrist towards him and dragged him into Arbaaz’s room. Roo followed us, handling her robe and face mask together. Arbaaz’s room was minimalistic with red theme, since him and Malaika never used it much. Throwing their closet’s door open, I went straight to a section with clothes probably his size.

“He had this for a shoot when he was younger…and shorter.” I opened the zip to reveal a crisp Armani suit. This one was made for his first photo shoot, and back then he was just a little taller than Dimitri. Arbaaz had refused to give this suit away, and I was positive he won’t mind anyone borrowing it. Still, I texted to confirm and he just sent a simple ‘k.’ Drowning in work.

Dimitri tried it on, and surprisingly it fit him perfectly. It was almost like the suit was custom tailored for him. Looking dashing and I had to admit-hot- in formals, I grabbed some “guy” products and Roo clapped her hands excitedly.