New school

ALISHA

Getting out of the gym, I hardly wasted any time like usual. Getting into the room, I changed and picked up random blank books and pens, dumping them into the bag. Checking myself hastily in the mirror, I frowned at the outfit. First day of new school, and I came up with only an off shoulder sweater top and jeans? Terrible.

“Shit sorry.” I bumped into Salman, I knew it without looking up.

“It’s ‘kay. Ready?” he asked and I nodded.

“Let’s go then.” He made the keys rotate around his index finger and I looked at him for the first time. In simple white v-neck and jeans, he looked hot as usual. No, I didn’t find him the hottest guy on earth like millions of other girls and guys did, but whatever. He was my brother, so he obviously couldn’t be the hottest guy in the world, it’d be unfair for me.

“I can go alone, you don’t have to come.”

“Kidding me? I have to drop you, if not be there for the orientation. It is your first day after all.” One thing I liked about Salman was that he didn’t question my decision like Sohail and Arbaaz. They both too showed enormous support, but just the ‘are you sure’ ticked something in me. I knew they all wished the best for me and all, but still when I made a decision it was always well-thought after.

I shrugged and we both went downstairs. His shiny silver jaguar xj was standing in front of the entrance, and I gawked at it like always. No matter how many times I saw and sat in luxury cars, I never failed to love them from all my heart. Admitted, I didn’t understand a word of the technical aspect, but just a look at the cars was enough.

The ride to the school was easy and comfortable, both of us speaking up occasionally about something. Eminem was rapping in the background, successfully motivating me. Basically, it was like any other brother and sister on a drive, expect for the three paparazzi cars that were chasing us.

He stopped near the school just as people I knew were getting down. Some were close friends, some just faces I recognized. Some were getting out of Mercedes and others out of a cab. Some were carrying lv bags while others were clinging on to their dollar store backpack. Some were trying to dodge paparazzi while others were desperate for their attention.

The media had honestly overhyped this new school thing. Yes, most of the kids who survived and had decided to go back to school in Mumbai had gotten into this one. Many of them were children and loved ones of influential people. But the last thing we all wanted was the media digging into our lives.

That’s when I saw Lola get down with a bodyguard and posing for the paparazzi in her barely there dress and high heels. It was chilling cold outside, and she was wearing that? She must be freezing but then Lola being Lola would do anything for attention.

Ok, maybe most of us didn’t want all that insane attention.

I was trying to get into the school through the pool of people and paparazzi. Salman was trying hard to shield himself and me from everyone, but we both knew it was impossible. Just then Aryan’s car came to a halt beside me and he got out with his sister. Hugging me, he caught his sister’s hand. SRK got down the car and kissed both of them on the cheek, Aryan scrunching his nose at the moment.

After all of that Salman and SRK realized who they were standing next to- each other. The thing was that they both had a huge fight at my party, and they hadn’t spoken since. The media had tagged them as blood enemies, but it wasn’t all that similar. They both still hated talking to each other, but didn’t mind standing next to each other.

But only if the media could understand. They started clicking rapidly, and others scattered around pushed to get towards us. SRK’s bodyguards protected us all from them, and just after moment’s a car’s alarm went off.