Family time

ALISHA

I walked into my house with Adrian’s hand in mine, my medical charm cold on my wrist.

“You my God you are here!” I hug tackled Malaika on the couch and she laughed at my jumpiness. She was the only woman in my life, I missed her so much. I mean, I needed her advice now more than ever since I now had a boyfriend.

“Yes I am. And this must be Adrian.” She smiled as I got up from the couch.

“Hello, ma’am.”

“Please, call me Malaika. Though with her brothers, you’ll have to be careful.” She winked at him and he had a faint knowing smile. Poor him, I knew well what my brothers could do if they wanted to keep anyone under control and threaten them.

“Wait, everyone’s here?” I asked Malaika just when Sohail appeared from the office room with a few people in tow.

“Sohail!” I jumped on him and he picked me up. The familiar cologne and the very irritating and prickly stubble overtook my senses as he let go of me.

“Damn it, I missed you guys!” I hugged Arbaaz who was behind and Malaika narrowed her eyes at me. Yeah, yeah, language.

“So, Adrian.” Arbaaz pulled away and both my brothers stared him down like he was some kind of a cold blooded rapist.

“Sir.” He tried not to run away.

“I’m pretty sure Salman filled you in about us and what he is capable of doing. Just try and multiply it by times three now.” Sohail’s voice was firm like in the army and Adrian nodded. Malaika was trying hard not to laugh and I shot her a death stare. My boyfriend was being tortured by my siblings. Excellent.

“Just so you know, we’re official.” I told them when Salman was in the hearing range. There was a moment of quietness before they exchanged glances and Arbaaz nodded.

“We were expecting that.”

“I knew it!” Malaika hugged me tight and demanded to know the details. That was before she saw the shopping bag in my hand.

“You guys went official in a store? Really?” her eyes were wide with horror and I added a pinch more.

“Nah, on the pavement.” I added to her terror and she closed her eyes.

“You guys are hopeless.” She flicked her wrist at us and I cracked up with laughter. Arbaaz chuckled and pecked her on the lips, saying “See, I am much more romantic than her atleast.”

“That you are.” And they kissed passionately.

“I promise you, if you don’t stop your public display of affection, I will kiss Adrian right now!” I mumbled and Arbaaz pulled away immediately.

“I don’t know if I’m glad that they aren’t kissing in front of us or pissed because my sister just announced she’d kiss her boyfriend.” Sohail said with a straight face and we all chuckled. Gosh, just seeing all of them here in one room after weeks was the best thing that could happen today after all the drama.

“Another thing.” Salman slung his arm around me, “Anyone special to my sister is family to us, so better stop calling us ‘sir’.” I looked at him with shock and he just shrugged. I snuggled closer into his chest and the warmth immediately made me feel better.

“You got your bracelet.” Arbaaz pointed out and I nodded.

“And that’s why you’re sad.”

“Not the only reason, but just one of them.” I had to fill them in on the day’s events in detail and they didn’t seem to like Mason. Salman promised he’d try to get in contact with Dimitri, but nobody knew where exactly he was.