Nightmares

ALISHA

Cold hands grabbed me and slammed me against the wall. Feeling dizzy, I tried to shield my face from the kicks, the kicks that caused agony burn through every cell of my body. Uneasy, unable to breathe…

I woke up. I could feel the sweat dripping down my back and I gulped the lump in my throat. I could have sworn I could smell the smoke, feel his kicks land on my torso. But I knew it wasn’t the truth.

“Only a flashback.” I mumbled to myself, looking around the room. Arbaaz was deep in his sleep so I made sure to not wake him up. Scrambling around, I found his phone and saw the time displayed. 2.30 am.

I got up and went outside. Feeling the need of some fresh air, I headed straight to the terrace. Flipping the switches on, I smiled at the lighting. The terrace was meant for lazing off, to have some time to one self. There were flowers around with lighting covering most of the area. It felt like some beautiful fantasy land, where no sorrow or grief ever existed.

I was wearing one of my mother’s earrings tonight. It was an antique made of gold and little diamonds. Honestly, I would have never bought it, but the fact that my mom loved these and wore them made them one of my most prized possessions. Playing with one of it, I hummed “You slipped away” for a long time. Getting out of the haze, I quickly went to the music room and grabbed Destellar. Strumming on the shiny guitar of mine, I began scribbling on the paper lying around. The doors were closed so I was sure nobody could hear the song. I didn’t want anyone to.

So, I had the lyrics in front of me in thirty minutes flat. Playing with words wasn’t even challenging for me, composing was. I tried for half an hour more, coming up with some random beats. Nope, it wasn’t close to touching my heart.

Sighing, I went online to see Kevin tweeting randomly. I immediately got onto Skype, relieved to see him online too.

“Kevy!” I grinned and he raised a brow at me.

“Don’t you have a bed time or something?”

“No, but I was asleep till a nightmare woke me up. And here I am.” I pointed at the guitar and sheet, causing him to smirk. His hair were well styled, he was sitting in boots and jacket as if ready to rock a concert. And I was sitting in my night clothes, hair a mess and face tired.

“New song? Can I listen?” his hopes were high up in the air and I hated to let him down,

“I would have, but I don’t have the composition yet.” I pouted and his eyes gleamed even brighter.

“Can I help, if you don’t mind that is.” He asked full of positivity and I just couldn’t refuse. Besides being a true rock star, it was just difficult to say no to Kevin. He was the sweetest, caring and humble person even after being one of the most famous people on Earth. Lord alone knew how many times he saved me from all those bullies at school, even when he and his brothers weren’t famous.

“I could use some help. But promise me no telling anyone.”

“Promi…” even before he could complete the entire sentence, Joe attacked him from behind, pushing him down and tickling him on his belly. Kevy giggled like a girl and I laughed my butt off. It was so much fun watching them mess around and prank each other. And trust me, Joe was an expert in pranks and practical jokes.

“Joe!” Kev wrestled on top of Joe, and Nick pulled them apart. Giving me a little wave, he went back to handling both of them.

“It’s not Dani.” Joe frowned and I giggled even more. Now I got it, they must have thought I was Danielle and planned of making a fool out of Kevy around her. Mean, but fun. I had to try it once with Miley and Nick.