NAGA.

Chapter 12.
*******

Naga returned with three different healing potions. Each in different shaped bottles. Placing the small bottles on a nearby table, he turned towards the still sleeping Tideian, whispering a few spells then reached for his hair, cutting a strand of his hair, next he proceeded to scrape a few scales from the Tideian's tail. Once he had finished with what he needed, he slowly returned to his sitting position beside the table which held the bottles.

Both Venus and Nixie watched intently as the Merdragon casts spell after spell, the room grew foggy with magical mists, a few iced droplets of water fell upon them and they watched in awe as the dragon transformed before them, into a giant snow dragon, picking up the sleeping Tideian with giant wings and holding him afloat in the mist, more spells were summoned. The process lasted for an hour and once the spell was done, the Merdragon retreated to his formal form and then proceeded to reach for the bottles, the hair, and scales gone with the mist living only the aftereffects of wetness on their hairs and clothes.

"Here," he handed the bottles over to Venus and she accepted the healing potions with gratitude. "The one with the green top should be administered every morning," the woman nodded and gently laid the bottle aside in a small pouch hanging on her waist. "The bottle with the red top should only be administered once he is ready for bed and the blue top is for afternoons." He paused to meet the woman's eyes and smiled when he saw Nixie handing her a glass tablet with the instructions written on it.

Fairies are very attentive creatures. "Thank you, Nixie." The Merdragon acknowledged, taking the Merfairy by surprise as the other fluttered her wings and smiled with a little bow. "He should have finished its contents before the Mountain Tears Festival." Naga turned towards Tide and found him sitting up slowly, he quickly went to give him a hand and once he was seated, he nodded his appreciation to the Elder.

"Thank you, Elder." He spoke, his voice hoarse and throat itchy.

"Water?" Naga asked and he nodded with a smile. The Merdragon gave Nixie a look and she was flying out of the room with the flagon in her hands. "How do you feel, Tide?" He asked, eyes piercing into those of the merman's as if he was scanning him with his eyes to be sure he hadn't missed a thing.

"Like the weight of Aquarial rests on my shoulders." He muttered and smiled when he heard his mother and the Elder laugh. "Hello, mother." He greeted, reaching forth his healing hand for her to grab onto and kiss.

"Hello, Tideian." She called after kissing the back of his palm. "I'm glad you're healing nicely, I was frightened out of my scales, when I found you lifeless in your room." Tide blinked tears away from his eyes, hearing his mother's broken voice, pulled a string in his heart.

"I'm sorry, I worried you, mother."

"Silly child!" She slapped him lightly on the hand she still held onto. "Why would you touch the Mountain Tears? You know how powerful the Tears are, you're a Tideian." Using her free hand to wipe her eyes clean she chuckled afterward. "But, I know for whatever reason you did that, must have been a good one." At Tideian's nod of his head, she laughed again.

"Tideian?" He turned towards the Elder and saw him offering him a flagon. "Drink all of it." He instructed and he nodded, took the flagon, and drank all its content. "I understand that the youths of the Seas do not listen to the Elders especially when it is about the matters of the heart, but you must heed my warnings, Tideian, not all you see before you are as they seem, sometimes, we need a second look to see clearly what they truly are." He paused briefly to find the merman giving his undivided attention. "I implore you to look a little deeper and while you're doing that, you should visit Atana's resting bed."