SHARING HIS ESSENCE.

Chapter: 58.
*****

"Luca,"

The bartender looked up to find his Boss before him. "Need anything, Sir?" he asked.

"Yes," Micheal nodded as he approached the man and very slowly leaned into the table. "A little birdie told me you've admired my brother for a long time now and I think this might just be your lucky night as he seems to be staring holes into your forehead the past hour," Micheal smirked when he saw a smile so profound filled the man's heated face. "Come on..." Micheal charged with a chuckle and walked. The man quickly put down his towel and followed. Micheal returned to his seat first before the man got to them.

"Just what are you up to this time?" Matthew asked when his eyes caught his brother returning to his seat.

"Doing you a favor..." he returned nonchalantly, picking up his glass and sipping from it very calmly.

"You requested for me, Sir?" Luca asked, his head lowered in submission.

Matthew looked up in time to find the bartender in front of him, immediately he waved him off with an apologetic glare.

Disappointed, the bartender returned to his post with his head hung low.

"Mean..." Micheal tsked with a frown.

"Yeah?" Matthew retorted with his own frown. "Don't throw them at me, you know better than this."

"How badly has this Alexander messed up my brother's life."

"Hey, keep his name out of your mouth, this isn't his fault."

"Oh, yeah..." the sound of men walking into the VIP distracted both men as they turned towards the entrance. "Jacob!" Micheal called, eyes returning to his brother who looked as surprised as he was.

"Hello, Micheal, Sir.." he greeted both with a little bow.

"What a surprise, you didn't put a call through to inform us you were coming to find me," Matthew spoke calmly as he ushered the man to have a seat beside him. "Well, what gives?" he asked.

"Easton, he came into work today, and not only that, he just called to inform me Alexander would resume work as your chief secretary tomorrow," he announced with a contagious smile playing across his lips. He knew the second that call had ended that this news was bound to make his Boss very happy so instead of delivering it through a simple phone call he went out of his way to bring it to him in person.

Micheal smiled when he saw the grin on his brother's face upon receiving that news. It made him chuckle but his smile was short-lived when he saw the troubled expression on Jacob's face. "Anything else?" he asked.

"I need a few days off, Sir."

"Did something happen at home?" Micheal asked.

"Yes, Sir," Jacob muttered. "It's my mother, she got admitted again."

"Well, then take a day or two but, be sure to inform me if you would like a longer stay?"

"Thank you so much, Sir!" he cried, bowing to both men.

"Ah, it's alright, Micheal and I were talking about giving you a vacation, we think it's long overdue."

Jacob laughed warmly. "Thank you..." he voiced his appreciation. "I will take my leave first."

"Of course."

"Please, Sir, endeavor to be present at Falcon tomorrow."

Matthew nodded and both twins smiled as the man took his leave out of the VIP.

"Well, brother, I think you may have just gotten your opportunity." Micheal winked and Matthew chortled.

*****

Alexander woke up with a jolt when he felt those familiar sensations spreading across his body, looking down to his legs he found his Merman nibbling on his toes like he had done the previous day.

"Tide!" he cried, sitting up and pulling the merman into his embrace. "Oh, my god you're awake." Excitement was evident in his voice alongside a relieved sigh. "You gave East and I quit the scare, what happened to you?" he asked, still hugging the wet merman, he had transformed into his human form.

"I'm getting weaker, My Alexander, my Soupearl, is still too weak from the poison I was fed."

"I knew it."

"Forgive me Alexander for taking advantage of you," he pleaded.

"Advantage?" He asked. "What are you talking about?"

"Earlier, as we made love I found my Soulpearl weakening, I tried to conceal as much of the hurt so I don't trouble you, you were distraught and I only wished to make you feel better but in the end, I went too far." He paused and looked away.

"Tide?" Alexander called, reaching for his face and making him look at him. "You can talk to me, I promise I won't get mad."

"When we made love, I realized your essence strengthened me, and the more you poured your seed in me the greedy I became, like an elixir it healed my Soulpearl and I couldn't control myself and so I made you do it again and again until your strength failed you."

"You know I told East, the same thing, somehow I knew that was the case."

"Yet I should not have done that at the expense of your life. You could have died, I thought you had died, there is something about you Alexander, if it were another human they sure would be dead by now."

"I thought I was dead too, I couldn't feel anything and for hours I had no idea what happened, but here we are and it's okay, stop apologizing, you did only what your instincts told you at the time afterall you too were fighting to stay alive." Alexander pulled his head up and brushed his lips across his forehead. "What do you need to recover your strength again?"

"Only the Mountain Tears could restore the Soulpearl."

"Mountain Tears...Where can we find that?"

"Only in Aquarial and only I can gather the Tears, the festival was due a few days before I got tricked by Roan and since I didn't know he would go to this extreme I hadn't prepared for it."

"Don't blame yourself, you wouldn't have known what he was thinking."

"You're right."

"And if we don't get you to drink the Tears?"

"Then I could die, Alexander."

"I can keep sharing my essence with you until we figure something out," Alexander suggested but Tide was objecting by a wave of his hands.

"I can not do that to you again, the first was a mistake, and look how close I came to ending your life."

"Yet here we are...I can't just sit around and watch you get weaker and weaker until you die, Tide!"

"No." Tide refused. "Anything but that..."

"If we take you back to the sea, do you think you have the strength to get back home?"

"As weak as I am, I would be eaten faster by the sea beasts before I make it home, with my Soulpearl weak, I can not make magic neither can I protect myself enough to break the barriers to enter Aquarial but if I were to find Atana's Soulpearl then she will guard the rest of my journey home."

"Soulpearl...Mountain Tears, this is all so confusing as I know nothing about these things, it makes me feel useless, I want to help but I don't know how!"

"I feel faint, My Alexander..." Tide whispered, feeling light-headed. Alexander touched his chest and he was getting warm again.

"Kiss me." Alexander urged and the tired Merman gave in. "Once you have taken all you need, please return to the pool and transform back into a merman, try not to use as much power as possible, give me some time to figure something out." Tide nodded and melted into their heated kiss.