PEARLMATE.

Chapter: 104.
******

"How did he get here?"

Tide looked up from the now sleeping merman to find Nexie standing behind him.

"Hello, friend, did you notice the shift in the Soulbutterflies earlier?" He asked although he was almost certain everyone did.

"Who didn't?" Nexie shoved him aside and came closer to the bed, sitting on it and picking one of the merman's hands. "Did he cause that?" She asked as she began to cast her spells, and rings of lights began to fill the room.

"It has something to do with him, I could say that for certain..." Tide paused.

"But?" Nexie asked.

"But I'm not entirely sure," Tide replied.

"You're not sure?" Nexie gave him a knowing glare.

"I think he is, something happened to my Soulpearl and apparently to his as well." Nexie smiled, with a flick of her fingers she sent him a blast of fairyball which landed on his face and then melted into a cloud of smoke. "What was that for? You're always picking on me with your fairy magic, don't forget that I am a Tideian and more powerful, only I am not a bully like a certain Merfairy." He grunted and Nexie laughed.

"Only Nexie has the right to bully the great Tideian of the Seven seas and yes, that was for your dumb Tideian ass, don't you see what has happened?" She asked, returning her focus to the energy spells she casts.

"What?" Tide asked confused.

"Oh, Tide, my sweet sweet Tide, you may be the Tideian of the Seven Seas and the Pearl of Neptune but you, my friend are so stupid..." A wave of healing energy shot into the sleeping merman forcing him to ache his back off the bed and Tide rushed over to his side in an instant.

"Is he alright?" He asked, looking from the merman to his Merfairy friend.

"Hey, I'm the healer here so move aside and let me do my job, I'll let you know when I need you!" She cautioned and Tide grunted but obeyed as he moved away from the bed to go sit on a cushion nearby. "Your Soulpearl has found a mate for life and his Soulpearl agrees to the pairing thus what you both felt. You should see Naga and explain this to him, I'm sure he will have better knowledge for you."

"I have heard stories of Tideians finding their PearlMate but that has not happened in what... a million years!" Tide argued amusingly.

"Oh, shut up, maybe in the last three hundred years, it doesn't mean it wasn't going to happen again, you should count yourself favored by the gods to have found your PearlMate and now you shall be the most powerful Tideian... I am so jealous." She told him with a laugh.

"Jealous, you are Nexie, a powerful Merfairy, one that will live even longer than a Tideian and you know what that means, after I am gone, you shall be the next Nexie to the next Tideian!"

"Big deal, Nexies are bound to three Tideians and so what, it's not as special as being a Tideian," She hissed with a frown. "You are the most important Merman in Aquarial after Neptune of course."

"So humble my dear friend." Tide mocked.

"Oh, you talk too much, get over here and help me."