NAGA'S VISIT.

Chapter: 128.
*****

Tide tossed around in the pool and puffed off a sigh filled with lingering sadness. He knew that his time was close, Neptune called and so did Aquarial. He has missed home and with his Soulpearl fully recovered, there was nothing else keeping him from returning home only the thoughts of staying away from him again make his heart heavy and his breath quiver. The night air was crisp, and he could hear the quiet sound of water splashing with the constant flaps of his tail moving in the water. He looked up at the stars and saw them as if they were people staring back at him in sympathy. Matthew is here, and with Alexander who has fully reciprocated their love, so much of their lives are now linked. Whether here or under the Seven Seas, they will be a part of each other's lives, whatever goes on he could and would feel but why does he hate this so much? Why does it still hurt? Knowing now the things he knows, shouldn't this have served as a consolation? Then why do these tears flow down his face? Like he will be losing him all over again. He looked around for comfort that wasn't coming.

This was all too much.

A sudden rush of wind made the water rattle and his body stiffen. The sensation seemed to be coming closer and closer until he felt something cold against his back. It was a feathery touch but the sensation sent shivers up his spine and he turned quickly toward where it originated. His eyes widened at who he saw. A smile crept across his face, despite himself and his heart skipped several beats as he looked on until he fully appeared before him. His golden hair shone in the moonlight like liquid fire. He leaned closer to him, his arms wrapping around him, embracing him tightly, and all too sudden his sadness and ache melted away with his presence. Tide understood this feeling too well. The Elder was casting a soothing spell and by the Gods had he arrived just when he needed him the most.

"Naga," Tide whispered into the warm embrace, closing his eyes and savoring every second of this moment.

The dragon chuckled softly in response, "What is it, young Tide?" Naga asked, still holding onto the Merman. "Why have you dragged me from the Seas with so much despair?"

Tide opened his mouth to reply but found no words came out. Instead, he tightened his hold on the dragon and let his head fall forward resting his forehead on Naga's shoulder.

"You know I was having a great lunch with the King but you wouldn't let me alone." Tide's eyes bulged at the mention of Neptune and Naga seeing the worry in his eyes smiled and began to reassure him. "I did not mention you to him although I am nearly certain he knew why I deserted him so suddenly." Both Elder and Tide laughed, knowing well that the King could sniff out any Mer's emotions even when they tried their best to conceal them. "But enough of that! Now tell me, why are you crying?" Naga said pulling away so he could look at Tide. "What happened? I know you have reunited not only with your Half but with the one who separated you. Is this not what you so deeply desired? Why you made so many sacrifices?"

Tide shook his head, "Yes, Naga. Yes, it is true that I made the utmost sacrifice, twisted our fates, and forced the hands of the Gods into giving him a second chance, and yes it is also true that we are reunited once more and perhaps never to part but why does my heart weigh so heavily and my SoulPearl trembles at just the thoughts of parting once more? Why does it hurt, Naga, tell me why I am so restless, so soulful." Tears threatened his eyes again and Naga placed his hand lightly upon the Merman's cheek wiping away the tear with his thumb, his other arm still holding onto the Merman.

Smiling calmly into the deep greens, Naga held him lovingly. "You did what no other Mer has done and succeeded, you split a SoulPearl and lived, and like you have rightly said, you forced the hands of the Gods to rewrite your destiny and entwined Alexander with it, you are the greatest Merman ever lived, and the Gods has deemed it so by aiding and abiding by you through it all, you are capable of anything, my Dear Tide, you can do anything, with your SoulPearl recovered and your love returned, you have become even stronger," He paused to be sure the Merman was listening very carefully to him. He needed him to understand his strength and the limits he could go should he desire it.

"Should you desire to return your split Pearls into one body again, you can do it without any aid, and should you desire to never return to Aquarial that too my dear Tide, you can as well do, never think less of your true potential, never think that you will lose him a second time, he is here, within you through him, you three are one, it is a love like never before seen." Naga continued stroking the side of his face, watching Tide's eyes glow with the promise of new beginnings with such intensity, and yet so fragile. "A union the Gods foreordained. You are the Tideian of the Seven Seas. I am the oldest Merdragon and so are you for you have suffered many deaths and many reincarnations, I have no experience of such things and this makes you more powerful than I am and I speak nothing but the absolute truth." Naga finished with a soothing smile.

Tide stared up at the sky above him, trying to calm himself from the turmoil and sadness of the last few moments. There was a slight movement in the water next to him followed by a faint whisper. "My Half, why so troubled?" Tide meets his Half's eyes in the waters. "I see you, I feel you and by the Gods, you are making our Lover so restless, look how he tosses and turns." The waters parted as if it were a large curtain being pulled apart to reveal the inside of a magnificent bedroom and lying on a beautiful bed is Alexander, their Alexander. Beads of sweat coat his forehead, a few dripped slowly down the side of his face, his body would quiver ever so often and a soft mutter of Tide would leave his trembling lips. It looked as though he suffered a terrible night terror. Looking away from him, Tide met Matthew's gaze and a smile passed through their lips. "We will never be apart." The voice and the images disappeared and Tide fell into a soothing calmness.

"Return home soon." Naga's soft voice filled his hearing and he turned to find the Elder beginning to fade.

"Will it hurt him?" Tide asked the departing Elder.

"More than you could imagine."

"How then can I bear to see such hurt in his eyes?"

"Not if you spell him into calmness, fill him with the thoughts of your Half and he will be comforted."

"Will he ever remember?"

Tide asked but his question was left unanswered as Naga faded completely and Tide was left alone once more with only the memories of the past hour to keep him company. Sinking to the bottom of the pool with a sigh, Tide waited. His eyes closed and his mind drifted from his current situation and the worries in his heart to his future and how it would all lead to one thing, Alexander and his Half together. As much as he wished otherwise, he will have to depart from this world back to his own.

Aquarial needs him.

Neptune more.

He must fulfill his Tideian duties.

Isn't this the purpose for which he split his Soulpearl?

This is the price he pays.