WAITING. WATCHING. FEELINGS.

Chapter: 41.
*****

Having settled the Merman in the pool both men walked into the living room from the back door both seated and looking out the glass door facing the pool. Easton stood up to go pour them drinks while Alexander kept watch.

"You know, because of you I missed work the whole of the day, I'm not entirely worried since it was Falcon who sent me off to go find you but I've been worried since bumping into him at the fish market especially with the warning he left me with."

"Warning?" Alexander shot up to his feet and faced the other man. "What warning?"

"He said 'you shouldn't hide things from me, Mr. Easton, I will find out either way'..." He quoted the man.

"I don't know what to call this crazy obsession but it's starting to get on my nerves!" Alexander gritted his teeth.

It was crazy, what's worse is he couldn't help but get excited knowing how the man wanted him. He just wasn't ready, besides, his brother... twin brother to be precise is in fact married to his ex. No matter how he looks at it, it seems he is the same as Michael, after all, they are identical. There was no difference between the man he had seen in the picture and the one he had kissed.

Would he have given him a chance if he wasn't a twin to Micheal?

No, he shouldn't have to think about that.

"He has been in love with you, Alexander, for so long... and after all these years... he is bound to go crazy at some point not after he lost you to Maria he wouldn't want to lose you a second time." Easton walked back to the man and handed him a glass.

They both sat down again facing the pool, it was eerily quiet out there, the Merman was sleeping at the bottom of the pool and only the lights from his tail could be seen illuminating the surface of the pool, it wasn't a starry night but the glow from the tail almost made it seem like millions of stars danced on the water.

"What do you feel for the man, Xander?" Easton asked, looking away from the pool to face his best friend. Alexander knew it was only a matter of time before they had this conversation. "He kissed you and you didn't push him away, why?"

Alexander inhaled and held it in for a short second before releasing it. "I don't know," he sighed, putting his glass down as he rose on his feet and paced the room. "I was powerless, entrapped, excited.."

Raising a questioning brow, Easton asked. "Excited?"

"He drives me crazy, Easton, makes my heart thump faster, my blood rushes uncontrollably and...and...argh!!!" He cried, kicking at the sofa and crumbling to the floor in defeat.

"You have feelings for him?"

"I don't know what I feel for him, East, but all I do know is that he makes me hot from the inside out...those strong eyes, Easton, whenever I stare into them I feel them shedding their intense feelings into mine and I can't stop being enraptured by them. How am I supposed to act when our eyes meet when he keeps looking at me like that, Easton?"

"Oh, Alexander..." Easton got on his feet putting down his own glass as he made a turn to where his friend sat and sat beside him. "When I saw him earlier, his blue eyes shined but in azure colors of dismay, anxiousness, and anger..."

"Anger?" Alexander flinched.

"Yes, he was angry, at me, at himself, at you, I wouldn't know but there was this profound anger within those deep blues, it made me anxious like I can feel how strongly attracted he is to you, who knows what things he had done to have you and what things he is willing to do for you, Alexander."

"I shouldn't feel this way but that made me feel happy."

"Happy?"

"I don't know what to do anymore, East..." combing his fingers through his hair he groaned in frustration.

"Don't stress it, Xander, I'm sure it will all walk out perfectly in the end, whatever will be will be I just hope I don't get fired before WP is born!"

"No, Matthew might be scary but he is not heartless," Alexander said with a shake of his head.

"And how would you know?" Easton asked, shoving him playfully.

"I just know-" A sudden disturbance from the pool had both men jumping to their feet and rushing towards the glass wall, their faces pressed into the glass as they watched with breaths held as the water bubbled like a boiling hot spring. Too shocked they didn't move, didn't breathe, just plastered against the glass with eyes wide open.

Watching.

Waiting.