WANDERING SOULPEARL.

Chapter: 17.
*********

It was a beautiful afternoon in Aqaurial, Tide had just gotten out of class, the kids today seem to be in good spirits as none threw meaningless questions as usual. Today is going to be a busy day as his mother had made him promise, he would visit Atana's resting ground then Diondra as well as Neptune to confess his wrong doings before the King hears from another, his punishment would be too severe if that should happen.

His Aqturbo was sitting in front of the school, his mom had made him buy one since she didn't want him swimming everywhere, he hated driving that thing but he had to agree, he was still healing and if he didn't give his soulpearl time to heal fully, he could break down again. Standing beside the aqturbo, he exhaled and summoned a butterfly then sent it off with a message to Nixie. He needed her to send in some flowers and he hadn't even driven off when the merfairy tapped at the window, hugging in her hands a bunch of flowers.

He rolled down the glass and smiled at her.

"Delivery!" She said before shoving the entire bunch up his face. "Next time, give a day's notice so I don't go flying around Scytis picking flowers in a hurry as if the hounds of the seas were after me." She scoffed and he smiled.

"I'm sorry." He apologized sincerely.

"When did you buy an aqturbo?" She asked, eyeing the gorgeously colored sea-ride. "I think it needs a little fairy touches wouldn't you agree--"

"Don't you dare!" He warned, knowing she was about to transform his nicely decent yellow into a flower bed of colors.

"Fine, fine..." she grumbled and he laughed.

"I will see you later, Nixie," he charged up his ride and about to blast off but took a moment to deliver his news. "Oh, and a little mermaid told me that the Merelves Princess would be coming to Aquarial's great mall today." With that said he blast off smirking at the faces his best friend made from the review mirrors until he couldn't see her anymore. He knew Nixie was dying to at least get a glance of the Elf she had crushed on for ages, he hoped she summoned enough courage this time.

**********

Tide got to the little gold fence protecting the flower bed but he couldn't open the little gate, remembering merfairies were assigned guardians of the bed he swam back two-tails and stood there, looking around for the fairies.

Shouldn't they be standing here at all times? He wondered when it seemed there were no signs of them.

"We are?" A voice invaded his mind and he bounced around, tail flapping about in search of the voice. "Hello, Tideian." He snapped his eyes back to the gate and there they were, right in front of him like they have been there this entire time. "We have."

"Oh, dear Neptune, could you stop doing that?" He Panted pleadingly. "Aren't you supposed to take permission before searching the minds?" He interrogated.

"Not when you're trespassing, we don't." They spoke out loud.

"I am not--"

"We know that."

"Of course you do, since we got that out of the way, can you please lift the barrier, so I can go in, please." He added again with great emphasis.

They both put up their wings, lifting the barrier and after he had stepped into the gate the barriers returned.

Ignoring them this time knowing whatever he thought they could hear he just walked towards the bed and knelt beside it. Placing the flower in his hand on the bed then using his magic to scatter the bunch, creating a cloud of swirling flowers before settling them back on the bed. After Atana's death, Neptune, had requested that his daughter's body be returned home but when he learnt her remains had been burnt along with her Duke's it was a pain like none ever before felt and so without a body to lay to rest, the King made a decree that the Merfairies make a bed of the most precious flowers, only the kinds found in Scytis, the calming Yellowstone-Lilium from Ebilor and the sparkling-Lotus from Riveri and thus her resting bed was made.

With the Merfairies guardian to keep watch and to tend to the flowers, they casted an eternity spell of bloom and lived just as close so they can often keep watch making sure the flowers neither wilt nor diseased.

"Hello, Atana," he muttered once the flowers had rested upon the bed. "Naga, the Merdragon Elder, has filled my curiosity with tales of tied fate which I shared with you, I am here so you can point me to the right part to lead so that I can fulfill your destiny and untie our fates." Her soulpearl was never restored and even as he speaks, he had no idea if his words made any sense seeing that her deceased soulpearl isn't within the seas. "Let me walk with you, Atana, a Tide behind your tail." Exhaling, he got up and turned to leave, the barriers were lifted and he stepped out from the little gate.

"Thank you, Merfairies." He nodded and they waved him off with a parting gift, a crystal ball pendant around his neck.

"Atana, wants you to have this, it was a gift from her father, he had given it to her On the day she moved to the lands to dwell with her human."

He couldn't move after that, he was touched beyond words and more curious. Could it be that her soulpearl may have wandered back into the seas somehow? If so then she had indeed heard all his requests. He looked towards the Merfairies and saw they weren't without smiles on their faces.

"Thank you, Atana, '' he whispered, looking over the fence to the bed and he saw flowers tossed forward before settling back on the bed. He smiled, his curiosity satiated. "I will take my leave now." With that said he turned and left, one hand playing with the ball around his neck, it felt cold and warm, it was a bizarre feeling yet strangely calming.

************

Chapter: 17.

Hope you enjoy the reads!

See, you next chapter, lovers!