CHASING TIGER.

Chapter: 40.
******

"Shit..." Easton gasped once they both made it to the hallway. "He's fucking heavy!" He cried and Alexander laughed. "How in the hell did you manage to carry him by yourself earlier?!"

"He was heavy and slimy but not as heavy as he is now, I think the more strength he recovers the heavier he gets." Alexander panted as they both moved down the hallway seeking the stairs.

"I didn't know you were an expert in Mermaids."

Rolling his eyes Alexander corrected. "Merman now shut it."

"I hope Mrs. Takahashi doesn't see us like this, she wouldn't let us through until she has seen what we are both hiding," Easton muttered under his breath and Alexander looked around in search of the older woman and when he didn't see her anywhere he met Easton's eyes.

"Let's go... hurry!" he whispered. "I escaped her when I brought him home and I think if we hurry we will escape her again."

And they did, they didn't see her until the Merman was lying in the back of Easton's jeep

"My seats are going to be soaking wet," Easton grumbled.

"Oh, now you complain, you are the one who is desperate to get us out!"

"Did you have to get the duvet all soaked up?"

"He is a fish... he's not supposed to be out of water for long."

"Do you have any idea how long it would take to dry them out and I'm doing this for you, you didn't see Falcon's face, so you wouldn't understand besides haven't you been running away from him this entire time-"

"Where are you two going in such a hurry?" Startled, both men jumped with Easton shutting the car door at full speed and Alexander turning towards her with hands tucked behind his back. "Huh?" She squinted her eyes at them suspiciously. "What's the matter?"

"Please, take care of Alexander's apartment, Mrs. Takahashi, I will be taking him back to mine for now, bye!" He waved and both jumped into the car and were pulling off before she could breathe another word.

"Strange men..." she snorted. "Wonder why they haven't gotten married yet." With a roll of her eyes, she walked the other way. "They sure will make a chaotic great couple!" She was mumbling under her breath. "A disaster... that's what they would make in a marriage... those two..." she ranted on with a frown.

****

Locking up her little convenient store for the night she frowned when she caught shadows of men lurking in front of her store. Like she hasn't had enough with Easton and Alexander tonight and now these men were back again. The older woman frowned and grabbed a broom. She was hitting the first man on her right before the man even realized she was there...startled, the other three just stood around and watched while their subordinate took a broom beating from an old woman.

"I... told... you... to... stay... away... from... my... store!" She panted all the while beating up the poor man.

"I am so sorry, Madam!" The muscled man shrieked, trying his hardest to shield his face from getting mangled by the angry old lady's broom.

"What do you want this time?!" She challenged him.

"My Boss, he wanted to see if Alexander was home." He informed her quickly.

"Huh?" She paused and pulled her weapon of mass destruction away. "Why look for him? He owes you money?!" She demanded angrily.

"No-"

"Even if he owes you money don't be coming around here like this. I don't like you scary men lurking around here and Alexander is going through a lot at the moment he will pay his debt... just give the poor man a break! He had a bad divorce, with no job, no money, she took his daughter and now he constantly wants to kill himself and with you always coming here like ghosts of the past he will die quickly. He may be an idiot but he is my tenant and I care about him!" She pointed her broom to the man and he ducked. "You understand me?!"

"Yes!" He groaned and was about to bolt when Falcon appeared in front of them.

"Good evening, Mrs. Takahashi." He bowed softly to the woman.

She frowned... "You know my name?"

"Yes, Easton told me." He announced with a polite smile.

"You know Mr. Easton."

"Yes, he works for me."

"Oh...," she smiled, tossing her broom aside and grabbing the man's left arm. "You should have said something the first time, you are a really handsome man... What is your name?"

"Matthew."

"What a nice name, my great-grandson, his name is Matthew too." She chatted with him as she led him into her store. "Your men are scary, give me a heartattack that one but I beat him up with my broom, you can't challenge an old woman."

"Mrs. Takahashi, I apologize for the trouble I and my men may have caused you... but I'm looking for Alexander and Easton."

"Oh, they left a little hours ago, they were in a hurry."

"Is that right?" He smirked.

"Are they running away from you?"

"Most likely."

"Why?" She demanded.

"Ah... it's nothing for you to worry about, Mrs. Takahashi, but can I bother you with a question, please?" He smiled sweetly at her and she smiled back, charmed by those alluring eyes.

"Yes, anything."

"Do you know where they went?"

"Oh, Mr. Easton always takes Mr. Alexander back to his home whenever he is unwell, but Mr. Alexander didn't look unwell so I'm thinking they have something important to do, you see those two are so in love but they don't see it..." she ranted out of line but Falcon just smiled calmly at the woman.

"Thank you so much for the tremendous help, Mrs. Takahashi, I will be seeing you again soon."

"Sure... sure... any time. Mr. Matthew!" She waved him off as he walked out of her store with the little lady on his heels. "You know, Mr. Matthew, I have a friend who has a very beautiful daughter... well mannered... would you like me to introduce you two?" She inquired with a smile.

"Oh, no, Mrs. Takahashi, I already have my eyes set on someone." He picked up her left hand and gently laid it on his forehead. "Thank you again, for your help."

"Oh, no need for thank you...," as the man walked away she waved at him quickly while she glared daggers at the man she had beaten and pointed a warning finger to the others. "Scary men...Hmph!" She grunted under her breath.

***

"Where to, Sir." The driver inquired once he was seated in the car but he didn't answer; rather he took out his phone and dialed Jacob instead.

"Sir."

"I need every information about Easton, from where he lives to what he eats for dinner, send it to me in an hour!"

"Yes, sir!"

He dropped the call and groaned deeply under his breath. "Take me home."

Do you enjoy this little game of chase, Tiger?

I'm going crazy chasing after you this way, Alexander.

For your sake, I hope you know what you're doing.

The last thoughts on the man's mind as he looked out his window to the waking night.