Chapter 3

Kim Seokjin

Kim Seokjin in this story

Oh God forbid, how much I love science and my work. It's like solving a puzzle, linking chains and finding the inevitable. Since, childhood I was a fan of finding new things and solving mysteries. This craze of finding unknown lead me to my profession of being a forensic scientist. Not to brag but I am one and only the best CIB got.

I joined CIB five years ago and with each passing day I have made myself and my department proud with my skills. I know Taehyung from the very first day when he joined CIB. It was three years back but feels like yesterday.

I think of him as my younger brother. He has had his fair share of hardships in his life. He lost his parents when he was 8. He never talks about it. I just know that they died in a arson. This situation took a toll on his mental health. So everyone around him avoid to bring up those events.

Then he spent the rest his life with his foster parents Mr. & Mrs. Park. Yes, you guessed it right Jimin's parents. They took him in when he was 9 and Jimin was 10. So, they are like brothers.

I and tae a very close from office life to domestic life. I pretty much know everything about him and he knows everything about me. I and him are each other's comfort zone.

But from a last few months I am sensing change in Tae's demeanor. He usually tries to avoid me and our casual meet ups are just reduced to weekend drinking sessions which we mostly do with Jimin.

The change in his attitude is bothersome for me. I am alone in this city. I have no parents. I just have my grandmother who lives in Busan. So, I get to see her after months.

I am feeling withdrawal due to Tae's attitude. I want to confront him and ask him if I did something wrong. But I am scared what if he says he doesn't need me anymore. I am biding my time just to alter the possibility of him leaving me.

I was immersed in my though while having coffee in a café located on the ground floor of CIB building when I saw Taehyung running towards the building.

I left the money on table and got out of the café running toward Taehyung.

"Hey !!!!!! Tae?", I shouted.

He stopped in his tracks startled looking at me, I waved my hand at him to get him back form whatever he was thinking.

"Hey H..h..yung", he stuttered. He is stuttering a lot lately and I can't take it.

"What is it Tae? Why are you running? Are you okay?" I shot a line of questions at him.

He kept staring at me like I was talking an alien language.

"um..mm yeah hyung I was...... nothing the boss called me.. tha...t something urgent came up. So.. I ww..as running back to office" he said it and was about to run again when I grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

"Tae.. I know you. You are not yourself lately. I am all ears If you have something to talk about", I said calmly, trying to maintain an eyes contact with him.

It looked like he was thinking keenly on what I said for a few moments.

"Hh..yung I..." he stopped to look in my eyes "No, its nothing. I'll find you later hyung I gotta go." He said looking down.

I pulled him closer and pecked his forehead. This is how I always bid him goodbye. But this time I felt he shivered due to my action.

"Okay Tae, You know I love you and I am here for you always." I smiled.

"Thanks Hyung", he said while looking down. He ran back towards building not sparing a look towards me. I am sick worried for his behavior. I need to get answers. I sighed and turned back towards lab.

-------------------------------------------------

WWH entered the plot...

Any guess on main ship?