Chapter 40

Kim Taehyung

After a few days.....

Today is 30th December. Yes, it's my birthday. It used to be really important day for me when my parents were alive. They used to throw a party each year and I was showered with all the gifts and love. After them, birthdays are not same for me. Although my foster parents, Parks also used to celebrate it. Not as grand as my parents but enough to make me feel warm and lovable. Mrs. Park always used to make my favorite corn soup on this day. It was a ritual when we used to live together. And when I moved out with Jimin she still use to cook and call us over to their place for birthday celebrations. But not this year.

It was Friday today. I woke up to find out the other side of bed empty. I sighed and wondered where Jungkook went this early in the morning. I dragged myself to kitchen to see a tray covered on counter with a note.

'Please have breakfast when you wake up, darling.'

It's been almost a month being with him and from three weeks he was spending nights at my place and in these three weeks he never once missed to prepare breakfast for me.

I checked my phone. There were no messages from anyone not even Jimin. I felt a bit disappointed. I called mother I was really missing her. Yes, I call Mrs. Park mother because never once in life she made me feel any less than her own son. She loves me more than she loves Jimin.

"Hello Omma."

"Hello my dear, how are you?" her voice always lively and full of love.

"I am good Omma. How are you and Aboji?"

"We are also good my dear. Just miss you and Jimin."

"Yah Omma me too. I will visit you soon. I also want to introduce you to someone." I smiled thinking of Jungkook.

"Oh my my. Is it what I think honey?" she chuckled.

"Omma please you'll see for yourself soon."

"Awww my baby is shy. Tell me is he handsome. Is he treating you well. If not then........"

"Omma please don't get worried. He is really good." I said shyly.

"Okay hun... I am excited to meet him. Just tell me a day before visiting and do it soon. I miss you."

"Sure Omma. Me too I'll see you soon. Gotta go now."

"Okay dear take care."

She didn't wish. I sighed maybe she forgot. May be everyone forgot. As you grow old you become less important to people. I got ready and left for work.

I was bit satisfied with the leads Bogum hyung and Jin hyung are getting on case. I was told yesterday that two set of finger prints were found in Busan Lee Hyunji's suicide case. They were under examination all I had to do was the little wait. I was thankful to Jin hyung that he decided to take on Kim Hooyoung's suicide case. He was working hard on the case I admit he and Bogum Hyung are better than me.

During the reinvestigation of Kim Hooyoung's suicide/crime scene they managed to find the murder weapon with finger prints. They also checked dash cam footage of delivery truck from that day. The guy who attacked me that day on the backstreet of hotel can be seen in the dash cam footage on the morning of Kim Hooyoung's suicide at 5:15 am. Disguising himself as a delivery boy. His crown tattoo was visible in the footage. So I recognized him. However, his face was still covered in mask. But I can't mistake his eyes. It was him. Definitely him. It was also under identification process. A few more hours or day until I find the real culprit who did this. I wasn't told much as Jin hyung said he wanted to be sure first.