Chapter 36

Kim Taehyung

We had a great night at Jin hyung's house. We ate dinner, played games. In which I won mostly. Jimin told me how he is getting closer to Yoongi and I was really happy for my friend. He doesn't seem to shut up about how hot Yoongi was and how he takes care of everything beforehand for Jimin. If I look back, I can definitely conclude that if it weren't for Jimin I might have gone mad. He was always there for me. I tried to do the same but I feel like I took more from him than I could offer him back. Never once in my whole life he made me realize it. He also deserves someone who is always there for him and witnessing how Yoongi looks at him makes my heart a peace. I know he will make my best friend happy.

As soon as I stepped into office not knowing what the day was holding in it for me. I was told by Sana that chief had set a meeting at 10 and he wants me there. I wasn't planning on facing chief today. I wanted to focus on case as it was getting more complicated and it was messing with my mind.

Finally, the clock was about to strike 10 when I made my way towards chief's office.

"What did I do to owe the pleasure of Mr. Kim joining us exactly in time?" chief said as he saw me entering.

I opened my mouth to say something but shut it as soon as my eyes fell on Jin hyung and hyung.

Jin was looking at me with pleading eyes and I couldn't decipher it.

"Well, have a seat you all. I made a few changes and I want to inform you all." chief said.

Why I don't have good feeling about it. I took my seat besides Soobin and others also took their seats.

"First of all Mr. Kim can you please enlighten me of the reason that you hid the truth." chief turned his revolving chair to my direction.

"Sorry. What are you talking about?" I replied. I really had no fucking idea what he was talking about.

"Mr. Kim Jongdae & Mrs. Kim Hyunshi what is your relation with them?" chief's eyes were fixed on me.

"M..my parents." I felt lump in my throat.

Chief sighed, "What do you think of me Mr. Kim? A cruel person or a fool?" his voice held no mockery in it for the first time.

"I don't get it." I said my hands were almost shaking. I tried to hide it by firming my grip on my pants.

"Look Mr.Ki...." he sighed "Look Taehyung, I know you want to do this yourself. But I am not cruel enough to let you go through tragic events. That's why I am office transferring this case to Mr. Park here and Mr. Kim from the forensics will accompany him. They will start this investigation from square one. They will also remain in contact with Busan CIB so they can discover the connection between these two events and one that happened in the past. I consider you to be mature enough to respect this decision because everyone in this room present, knows that when it comes to something personal our emotions medals with our rational reasoning. No matter how much you try to not let your emotions come in the way. They will one way or the other."

I gritted my teeth. I wanted to punch him. My hold got firm on my pant fabric. Soobin noted the distress as he placed his hand on my fists trying to calm me down.

"I should've know that why you were insisting to explore this case keenly. I myself will ensure to double check each and every detail and evidence in order to bring out the authentic result and to find the real person behind it."

"No you don't understand.... I had... I had to do it myself...you..." I hated it why I was stuttering.

"Now you know yourself Taehyung. Why I had to take this decision. You and Soobin will take on Itaewon gas cylinder explosion case that happened yesterday night. This will be all for now. You are dismissed."