Chapter 43

This chapter is dedicated to @rucha9764 thank you for voting. it made my day <3

Jeon Jungkook

I really wanted to do something nice for Taehyung's birthday. I thought to book Seoul's one of the five stars but a mediocre bartender like me can't afford that. That's what Taehyung knows at least. I exchanged contact with his best friend Jimin when we met at Jin's house. So I asked him to help me plan something special for Taehyung's birthday. He told me that he would love to be surrounded by the people he love for his birthday. That was the perfect idea. I was successful in pulling that.

The happiness in his eyes was everything I could ask for. I was happy seeing him like that. I wished in that moment for things to remain like this forever. I forgot that wishes are not granted to sinners like me.

He had to leave to CIB for some work. I was not feeling good about it but you know no one can stop him. I waited for him to come back. I took shower and laid on bed hoping he would come back to me soon. I didn't know when sleep engulfed me.

I woke up next day to see him sleeping besides him. He wasn't cuddling me. He looked tired for some reason. So tired that I wanted to hug him and tell him it's okay and I am here but I didn't want to disturb him. I slowly made my way to bathroom making sure I don't wake him. I thought of surprising him with breakfast in bed and take him to somewhere nice. Maybe an amusement park. I smiled at my own thoughts. I was so immersed in my thoughts that.......

"Jeon Jungkook"

"No, it can't be, you can't be." Shouted Taehyung.

I turned back to see Taehyung standing by the opened door. He eyes was piercing me with tears in them. I froze at my place. I felt my limbs go numb and my whole world crashing down.

"Hey Taehyung, listen to me." I pleaded.

"No, you stay away from me. How could you?" he shouted and ran away.

I grabbed my towel from the stand, wrapped it around my torso and ran behind Taehyung. But I was too late. He was nowhere to be seen.

I knew this day would come but I wasn't aware it'll be this soon. Maybe I was in denial. Right now I was scared to death. I didn't know what triggered Taehyung to give this reaction.

I ran to take my phone. That's when I saw 21 missed calls from Soobin. Shit. Shit. I wanted to strangle myself. I called him back.

"Thank God boss you picked up. I am going crazy over here. I thought it was.... It was too late...."

"I guess it is..... What... What happened? "

"I'll tell you but wherever you are I want you to leave immediately to any safe place. The shit's gotten real bad and you don't have time." I did as he told grabbed my things and went to car.

"Haven't you seen the files I mailed you? Your fingerprints were found in Lee Hyunji's house on a glass."

"What how? I was wearing gloves and he didn't offer me anything."

"I don't have a clue boss. They also caught this guy Choi Wooshin, a staff boy who works in your hotel, he committed both murders and he admitted that it was on your orders. He works for you he also had your sigil on wrist. They can't arrest you on mere fingerprints but the evidences are against you. I fear hearings will not turn out on your side. So it's better to hide for some time and Taehyung knows this since last night. I am calling you since 5 in the morning and you weren't picking up.

"Soobin he ran away... I don't know where he...." my voice was shaky.

"Boss I'll take care of him. Please you must leave to somewhere safe. I'll let you know. At the times like this I don't think I must say it as in good news but I might think it as an advancement."

"What is it Soobin?"

"I found Kim Seokhun. He is alive. He was near us all this time. Too close but we were so blind and I guess Namjoon reached to him before we could. "

"Who is he?"

"Kim Seokhun is none other than Kim Seokjin. Who is handling this case right now and was close to us all this time."

"Shit. Shit. Fuck." I punched steering wheel with my fist.

This is not good. Not good. Same fucking shit is being repeated. After all these years. First his father fucked up our lives and now he. Both used as puppet by those fucking Kims. His father got away with this easy. I'll fucking kill him along with Namjoon if it comes to that day.

I prayed to God to keep Taehyung safe. I don't know these events might even trigger his past trauma. That could me lethal for him. No. no. I can't lose him. I can't. I cried uncontrollably until reached the mansion.

------------------------—-------——

Love from my side <3