Chapter 34

Kim Taehyung

We dropped Soobin at his place and stopped by a restaurant from where Jungkook picked takeout for us. We went home. Jungkook silently made his way towards the kitchen to dish out the food.

I went to my room to change. When I got back he was already waiting for me at the kitchen counter. I looked at him while he was scrolling through his phone un bothered. Is he tired of me? Doesn't he like me anymore? Is he scared of me due to last night? My mind was exploding with all kind of thought.

"Jungkook?"

"hmmm..." he was still looking at his phone.

"Are you still mad at me?"

"Hyung eat your food before it gets cold."

I sighed looking down at my plate. I fiddled with fork for a while lost my thoughts. I didn't realize when he finished his food and was no standing in front of me.

"Give it to me." he took fork from my grip and sat beside me on the chair.

"Here open up." he said holding the spoon.

I obliged and took the bite he was offering me. Why is he like this? He cares for me even if he is mad. He pulls me towards himself with the intensity I never felt before. He kept feeding me until the contents in plate were finished. He wiped my mouth with his thumb. Collected the plates from counter and started washing them.

I kept look at him mindlessly as he was the only thing visible in the vicinity of me sight.

"Are you gonna bore holes into me or what?" he said while his back was still towards me.

"I am sorry Jungkook." I said looking down.

"It's late. You must be tired go to bed." he said cleaning the counter.

I stood up and went to my room. After a while I heard him arriving. He went to take a shower. I couldn't bring myself to sleep knowing he is mad at me. I recalled last night. My moments with him. Life is a funny thing. One moment it makes you a happiest person and other it snatches away everything.

A little while after he came to bed. My back was facing him. He snaked his arm around my waist hovered over me a little and pecked on my cheek. Huh too much for acting tough guy I thought.

"I know hyung you are not sleeping."

I turned around to face him. "How do you know?"

He smiled, "Your heart beat told me."

I felt my cheeks heating up.

"I am sorry Jungkook. I didn't mean to yell at you. I know you tried to stop me coz you were worried."

"Hyung I am not mad at you. I just can't bring myself to see you hurt. Taehyung you know......" he paused as he looked into my eyes "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I mean it. You don't know how much I have suffered to find your love or what we have between us. I am afraid to lose this, to lose you, to lose us."

"You will not lose this Jungkook."

"Do you promise?" he said looking at me hopefully.

"I promise. I'll be here." I said pecking his cheek.

"I love you Taehyung. Always remember this." he looked deep into my eyes as his pupils grow wider in adoration he had for me.

"I love you too Jungkook." I said losing myself in his gaze.

He pulled me closer taking my lips into his. Savoring each and every corner of my mouth.

"How every time you manage to feel this sweet?" he managed to mumble between the kiss.