Chapter 39

Kim Seokjin

Universe runs its course in a balance. There is a balance for everything. A defined formula to unfolding things. But when it comes to humans I guess this rule doesn't apply anymore. Humans are unpredictable. Bad people and good people doesn't balance out. No person is entirely good and no person is entirely bad. Each person has good and bad side. I believe purest of souls also have it in them but they are strong enough to not let it out. Even if you manage to hide your darkness from everyone. It's still there inside you and it comes out when you are alone.

People who can successfully conceal their darkness from others are the ones that are labeled as good. On the other hand, those who cannot conceal it and let others suffer from their darkness are labeled as bad. I fall in the former ones. People around me label me as good because I am able to control my darkness in front of everyone. Hell I never had idea that I had it in me until Namjoon came.

He wakes up something inside me that I thought was never there. Darkness. I did know how good it felt to let this darkness out in front of another being. The one who can handle it. Who can handle your hidden side? It feels to be free and that night this is what I felt although he left before I wokeup. I felt free for exposing my hidden darkness in front of him. Because something in me was sure only he could handle it.

I was right. He didn't budge. I could see it in his eyes that there wasn't even a slight bother. He wasn't scared of me either. I felt bad for him when he told me he lost his mother. I know the feeling because I never got a chance to see any of my parents too. I had a few distorted memories when I was a kid. I knew he wasn't even loved by his father.

I managed to get successful in completing the second part of Namjoon's plan. First part was to invite Jungkook for the dinner, to take down Jeons. He was doing it for his mother and I was doing it for Taehyung. He was being used and manipulated by Jeon Jungkook. I could see clearly how that Jungkook guy was successful in making Taehyung to trust him. So I wanted Taehyung to stay out of this case in order to keep any crucial information away from the ears of Jungkook. I would do anything to save Taehyung from that cunning spawn of Satan. I know Taehyung would get hurt when he learns the truth but it's for his own betterment in the long run.

Now that I've managed to make Tae step down from the case. I need it to do as soon as possible. As I don't want Taehyung to fall deeper for him. It will hurt him more. It was 8 pm when I was sitting in a coffee shop drowned in my thoughts that the coffee in front of me turned cold. Beside at the moment I was feeling the urge of something stronger than coffee to let out the stress. I sighed looking at the cup, stood up, paid the bill and made my way out of the cafe.

I drove towards our regular bar. I wanted to call Taehyung to ask him for dinner. But I knew he went home earlier. Also, he wasn't in a good mood. Besides given the circumstances he would've needed his beloved Jungkook more than me. I scoffed at my thought. I didn't know that Jeons would stoop so low to hurt someone innocent. Well they have killed Namjoon's mother what else could I expect.

I entered the bar. I looked around at bars cliché environment, smell of alcohol, smoking, dancing and dim lights. I made my way towards counter. I had two drinks. The bartender was hot I give him that. On the top of it he was flirting with me effortlessly and I was replying him here and there. He was a good distraction. I knew from the moment I had my second drink someone was watching me. So, I thought to take it a bit far on purpose.