Chapter 24

Kim Taehyung

This weekend was magical. A perfect weekend I could ask for. Jungkook dropped me to my house at 7 in the morning. I prepared myself and left for work but my brain was still rewinding thoughts from the weekend. If you ask me to pick one favorite I would choose the one on The Seoul Tower.

Flashback starts

"Now close your eyes, darling."

I obliged and closed my eyes. "Ummm... Jungkook we are in public place don't pull something..... What are.... " I felt something cold around my wrist.

"Open them hyung."

"Jungkook why you.......? What is this...?" I said lookin at the shiny thing on my wrist tears forming in my eyes. It was a bracelet with a little infinity sign in the center.

"Well I asked you to be my boyfriend last night and you said yes, so here this is a little token that will remind you that you are mine."

"You don't have to.. Jungkook this looks so expensive. I can't have it."

"Hyung, nothing is expensive in comparison to what you make me feel. Please accept this."

I started crying and he held him into his arms I buried my face in his chest. We stood there in silence for a while.

Flashback ends

My eyes went on that silver bracelet I was wearing with a smile forming my lips. I parked my car with the thought of calling Jin hyung to ask about his grandmother also I had to tell him so much. He wasn't picking up.

I sighed and went to my office. Not soon after Yoongi came.

"You weren't home the entire weekend neighbor." he said wiggling his eye brows at me.

"So are you jealous or something."

"No, I am not jealous but at least you should've informed your friend. He came to see you with freshly baked cookies yesterday."

My eyes went wide at his statement. What the actual fuck. I talked to Jimin on call yesterday and told him I am staying at Jungkook's. He came on purpose and not for me. I smiled internally at my friend's silliness.

"My apologies, you are right I should've informed him. Did he bother you much?"

"No, its not that. Besides I don't have much to do at weekends. It was actually good. He forced me to clean my space. Well he helped me too. Then we watched a movie. Ordered take out. I offered him to have a drink and we ended up drinking alot."

Oh so that was my best friend's plan all along. You nice Jimin keep going, I thought mentally.

"He is embracing when he gets drunk. He says all the shit he isn't suppose to say. I hope he wasn't much of a headache for you."

"Ummm... I don't remember much. He passed out while we were still drinking. I dropped him at his work place in the morning before coming here."

This isn't a kind of tea I was hoping for. I thought he could've got some action after getting drunk.

"Hey Taehyung, I was wondering if you can give me Jimin's number?" he questioned with glimmering hope in his eyes.

"Why didn't you ask him?" I said teasing him.

"I don't know...... I guess I just couldn't."

"Okay here you go."

Well I am a good best friend. I can play catalyst for setting my friend up.

----------------------------------------

I studied the files again to check if I could find something of more importance. Meanwhile Soobin told me the finger prints of cleaning staff that was found had nothing to do with the crime scene as she wasn't alone. It was also confirmed by the alibi she provided.

My cellphone started ringing I looked at the caller ID it was Jin Hyung.

"Hi Hyung. How are you?"

"I am fine Taehyung."

"How's grandma? Is She fine now? You didn't come to work today?"

"Yes, Taehyung she is fine. I thought of spending some more time with her. I'll be back tomorrow."

"Hyung I need to tell you something." A smile formed at my lips while thinking of Jungkook.

"Yeah sure, I'll listen to you when I'll get back."

"Jin hyung I can't......." the call was dropped. I sighed maybe he was busy or something.

Soon after I received a mail from Busan CIB with the case files of the arson case from 17 years back. I had no idea that what was waiting for me inside them.

The demons that were chasing me from a time, will come face to face with me now. The gates of hell that I managed to shut close all this time are going to be open on me now.

'Mr. Kim Jongdae & Mrs. Kim Hyunshi were the victims that died in arson that took place on July 18, 2004.'

I recognized the names instantly. They were the one's who brought me into this world. My parents. I never in my worst night mare thought that this was how one day my past will stand in front of my eyes. Nothing in my mind was making sense. My hands started shaking. Tears forming in my eyes.

"Taehyung. Are you okay?"

"Taehyung?"

"Hey, Taehyung." I was brought back into my senses at Soobin's voice.

"No.. I just... I'll be back in a bit."

I ran to restroom and locked myself in one of the stalls and cried. I cried recalling all the screams I heard in my nightmares. I cried recalling the blur images I remember of my parents.

A sharp pain emerged in my head making me feel dizzy. I sat there for a while. I can't let myself go weak.

I splattered water on my face looking at my reflection in the mirror. This is all connected. That Kim Hooyoung caused the arson that killed my parents but why? What was his motive? Why he destroyed my family.
Why he committed suicide after 17 years? Why would he do that? Or someone killed him? For what reason? What if someone wants to bury the truth? What if there is more to this nightmare? What if there are more than one dimension to this truth?

I need to find answers to all these questions on my own. It all goes back to Busan. I need to go to Busan. I had to face my past. Maybe I am granted with the opportunity to get justice for what happened to me and my family.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm.... I feel sad for Tae 😭😭
Your comments and votes are my energy. Guys don't be a silent reader atleast vote the book. So I can get more motivation to write.

Leave Comments on the scenes you like so I can know that you are enjoy my story 👀

Love from my side. 🦋❤️