Chapter 32

Jeon Jungkook

I told Taehyung that I'll be waiting for them in the car. No matter how much I wish to be with him inside I can't because I am not official person. I don't have a good feeling about this, him coming here. I know this might harm him. But I can't do anything. I am helpless.

I wish I could tell him everything. Past, present everything but he won't believe me. He might hate me if he managed to stay alive after knowing the truth. Right now I am standing at the sharp edge of sword where at one side is my downfall and on the other side is Taehyung life. I'll happily fall to my downfall if I am given a choice. I'll save him. But I don't have a choice besides standing here hurting my feet on this sharp edge before fate chooses one side on me.

I saw Soobin running towards me out of the building breathing heavily.

"Tae.. Taehyung... fainted.. I don't know what happened but we were....."
"Where is he?" I said impatiently.
"Follow me."

I carried his passed out body in my arms. As tears forming in my eyes wishing this moment to be just a nightmare. I drove him to nearest hospital.

Doctors examined him thoroughly as I told them his condition.

"He is okay for now. He experienced something that was extremely shocking for him. I suggest you to keep him away from such situations or he might be in grave danger. He will gain consciousness soon."

I know I know I might lose him but how can I tell him this?

Life has various ways to mock you. I could have anything I desire for with money I have. But the thing I want can't be bought by money. I want his happiness, his healthy life but I am helpless. My money, my status cannot help me. If I had a chance to trade my everything for his happiness I would do it in a heartbeat.

I wiped my face and went inside. He was laying peacefully on the hospital bed. Calm and innocent. I sat by his side and took his hand into mine.

"Oh Taehyung, I wish I could protect you from the harm that is surrounding us. I wish I could chase away the demons of past that are about to engulf us. I never in my life thought that I could feel you again. But life gave me a chance to be with you again. Even if you don't remember me. I am content even with this with what we have. It's enough for me that you chose me again. But look at me. I couldn't even protect you. I couldn't even fulfill my promise. I don't know how to convince you to stop chasing past and live with me in present. You are so stubborn; you won't listen to me. You never had not in past not now." I pecked his forehead and kept looking at him.

It was around midnight. I had no idea when I fell to sleep.

"Jungkook...."

I panicked, "Taehyung...?"

"What happened why I am here?"

"You fainted while working."

"Oh shit... I've to....."

"No Tae you are not going anywhere. It's midnight."

"But...Soobin...."

"I said no, no means no can't you understand?"

He sighed looking at me with his round eyes. No I am not going to pity him.

"Did I scare you?" he asked.

"No shit Sherlock." I said kissing his cheek.

"Well I am not dead." he smiled ruffling my hair.

"Taehyung please.... Stop saying things like this."

"I am kidding Jungkook."

"But I am not. The mere thought of losing you scares me. I can't bring myself to live without you."