Chapter 31

Kim Taehyung

I felt really bad for not telling Jungkook about what's been stressing me lately. Jimin can't keep his mouth shut. I thought Jungkook wouldn't talk to me when we will go home after meeting my friends that day. On contrary he handled it quite well. He was understanding. He didn't fight me instead he told me that he will be here with me on my tough times. And here he is, driving me and Soobin to Busan. I told him that I'll be okay Soobin will be with me but Jungkook was nowhere to be talked out of it he was so determined.
I know he is worried for me. I feel so lucky to have him in my life. He treats me like some delicacy. With love and care.
"Hyung you are staring."
I looked away instantly. "No I am not."
"Are you okay?"
"Yes, I am."
Soobin was sleeping in the backseat of car. We had to leave for Busan early morning. He placed his free hand above mine.
"Hyung do you trust me?"
I looked at him shockingly. What kind of question is that? All of sudden.
"Yes silly."
He smiled, "Can you promise me something?"
"Yes, as long as it doesn't contain something horny."

He laughed, "No Hyung, I want you to promise me that no matter what happens you won't push me away ever."

"I know my life is a bit mess at the time
but it isn't your fault. Why would I push you away?”

He glanced at me keenly. But didn't say anything.

"So did I miss something?", Soobin spoke yawning.

"Yeah, you just missed a whole catastrophe." I laughed.

"Very funny Taehyung. I don't know how your boyfriend keep up with your lame ass."

"Hey, don't insult me in front of him." I said making pout.
Jungkook laughed, "No one can tarnish you image in my eyes hyung. Don't worry."

"Yeah, look I've got the best boyfriend in world."

"Yeah yeah... Whatever. I told you to bring Sana also."

"Missing her already Soobs?" I teased him. He kind of has a crush on her for a time now. But doesn't have guts to confess to her face.

"No, I mean I would've been good experience for her learning you know." Soobin said.

"You don't have to make excuses to keep her close. You know you must ask her out when we go back." I suggested.
"Yeah whatever. Thank you for advice Tae."

The first thing we did was breakfast at a nice place. Then my first target was to visit Busan CIB to look into detail of arson case. If I could find more. I was also here to talk to the detective who handled the case 17 years ago. I also needed to find answer if Kim Hooyoung son is alive or not. If he's alive then where is he?

Also at the end of the trip I wanted to visit Jin's hyung grandma.

I and Soobin went to Busan CIB headquarters. With constant nagging of chief I was able to get request letter from him that helped me acquiring the files swiftly.

"Greetings, Mr. Kim Taehyung and Mr. Choi Soobin, I am Song Joongki your facilatator for the help you need."
"Thank you Mr. Song Joongki for your time and help."

"Thanks to your pre arrival notice. I've already managed to acquire you desired data from the archive storeroom. Everything related to that case is here. If you need any kind of help I am here at your service." he said smiling.

"I was wondering if could meet the inspector who handled this case."
"Mr. Kim unfortunately that inspector has retired from the department but I can provide you his address so you could talk to him. I understand that not all the details could be found in papers."
"Yes, thankyou that would be a lot of help."

"Also you've asked about the prior employer of Kim Hooyoung’s. I've used my contacts to acquire that he was working as Marketing Manager for Jeon Group of Companies. That is a highly reputable organization you know well. But 17 years back it was rumored that they were involved in some. shady business. We can't say if the rumors are true or not because there is no solid evidence. But when the incident happened surrounded by all these rumors released a statement that they have no ties with Kim Hooyoung. He had already resigned a month ago before the incident.
But I am sure inspector Lee Hyunji who was handling the case might tell you more details about Jeon Group of Companies and their activities at that particular time of the incident."
"Thankyou Mr. Song Joongki for you time and help." Soobin passed the pleasantries as we were left alone in meeting hall with a bundle of case files. We spent a whole day to study those files.

‘Mr. Kim Jongdae & Mrs. Kim Hyunshi arson case initial findings implied that it was arson lit by electric short circuit. As there were no other evidences at the crime scene.'
'According to the statement of sole survive an eight-year-old son Kim Taehyung of Mr. Kim Jongdae & Mrs. Kim Hyunshi, he saw some other person in their house before incident happened. He heard voices of fighting and threatening while hiding in closet.'
'He claimed to see a tall man handling knotted ropes, whose face was hidden with a crown tattoo on his wrist.'
'No evidence was found to support the statement of eight-year-old Kim Taehyung.'
'Later on it was revealed that eight-year kid wasn't in right state of mind due to the severe trauma of losing his parents.'
'Case went on for 6 months. Until the culprit Mr. Kim Hooyoung himself confessed his crime to the law and was stance to prison for 20 years.'

Tall man, masked guy
.
Crown tattoo, crown tattoo
.
Knotted rope, knotted rope
.
Death, Suicide
.
Screams, heat
.
Kim Taehyung
.
Kim Jongdae, Kim Hyunshi
.
Kim Hooyoung
.
Alone
.
Left alone
.
Screams, Panic, Fear, Darkness
.
Darkness
.
Utter Darkness

"Taehyung? Taehyung? Are you okay? You are sweating? Hey look at me? Tae........." this was the last thing I heard before the darkness took me to its embrace.
--------------------------------------------------------------

What's special thing y'all do in holidays?

Love from my side ❤️