Chapter 42

Kim Taehyung

"Taehyung, whatever I and Bogum here are about to tell you, you need it to listen carefully. I know it is about your parents and...... but you need to be rational and professional with this. This morning we were successful to track down Choi Wooshin, who was hiding in Gangnam. It was difficult to make him talk but he spitted everything after a little motivation. You know how things work here in CIB. Here, take this. You were right. Kim Hooyoung and Lee Hyunji were murdered. All the evidence regarding both murders and the person behind these is here in this file. If you want to investigate Choi Wooshin after this that could be also arranged. Please, know that whatever happens after this I..... We are here for you. " Jin said handing me a file.

This moment. This was the moment when finally, truth will be revealed. This was the moment when I was about to find who killed my parents. This file right in front of me was the end to my demons. One can wish. Right?

I opened the file with trembling hands. I closed my eyes of a moment. Let out deep breath. I need to be strong. No I had to be strong because there is no other way.

With each turning page breathing was becoming like a weight on my chest. As my lungs would give up. I could feel the beads forming on forehead. Legs feeling numb. I thought my heart was gonna stop when I turned to the last page. His name. His image.

"Hyung.... How..this...." I felt my words getting stuck in my throat my voice betraying me.

"I know Tae you have many questions. Let me tell you from start." he said turning on the projector in front of me. "The finger prints that were found on the murder weapon of Kim Hooyoung case. They belong to Choi Wooshin. The staff boy working at Hotel Sotetsu Fresa. He is the one who murdered him on order. The two finger prints that were found in Lee Hyunji's case. One belonged to Choi Wooshin and other one to..... Well Jeon Jungkook.........." my ears started to buzzing at his name. "Here look at the footage the night before Kim Hooyoung's murder the man he's talking to in club. We cleared the footage..... Look at this persons hands....." he zoomed in. "You know who this belongs to."

It was Jungkook's. His tattooed knuckles. Clearly visible in the image. He was talking to Kim Hooyoung.

"Next this one. This guy who was caught by delivery truck's dashboard camera is Choi Wooshin. He disguised himself as one of the delivery boys so he can't get caught. Because the very first suspicion goes to staff. Here, this footage is from Busan outside Lee Hyunji's apartment building. You can see him coming 15 minutes before you. Can you recall where was Jungkook at that time?"

"In hospital... We had this argument and he....he...left." the words fell upon me like some striking revelation.

"You got your answer there. He knew you was going to meet Lee Hyunji and he might tell you truth. So he approached him first. His finger prints were found on a glass in Lee Hyunji's place. When he couldn't persuade him to keep his mouth shut. He finished him off through Choi Wooshin." Jin sighed.

"He was covering loose ends. Because if Kim Hooyoung opened his mouth at some point it was the end of Jeons. Jeon Jungkook is the sole heir of Jeon Group of industries that holds the enormous power in the country. Now let's go 17 years back. Kim Hooyoung used to work for Jeon Group of Industries for Jeon Woosung, Jungkook's father. They used him to set an arson and kill your parents and then they make him accept the sole responsibility of arson by threatening him about his son. Now, when he was out after his imprisonment they finished him off. It was under the impression that Jeon Jungkook isn't in Korea he is abroad. No one had seen him. Not even the people who work for him and do his dirty business. Well, I guess they weren't lucky enough and we got him."