23

Chapter 23 It all depends on human effort (Qing Les update)

Novel: "I am reborn and set up a street stall in the apocalypse" |Shihu | Updated: Collected: 3 years ago

Several people moved all day long, but until evening, they still couldn't move out all the things they wanted in the mall.

"We can only come back tomorrow." Xiao Liang knocked on his sore arm and looked back with regret at the small shopping mall that they had left far behind.

Ye Shaoyang smiled and shook his head, "We'll look for another place tomorrow."

Xiao Liang was stunned for a moment, but soon she understood what Ye Shaoyang's intention was.

Wasn't this person just trying to give others a chance to have food and clothing?

Now this person suddenly said that he wanted to go somewhere else. Obviously, he didn't want to completely empty out the second to fifth floors of the small shopping mall.

Thinking about most of the supplies left there, Xiao Liang felt a little sad.

But even so, Xiao Liang did not refute Ye Shaoyang.

She no longer intends to show mercy and "save all sentient beings" in this life, but this does not mean that she will also kill Ye Shaoyang's kindness.

Ye Shaoyang only has this life and no previous life. He can't understand Xiao Liang's independence. Xiao Liang doesn't want Ye Shaoyang to unify his thoughts and stance with her just because he has suffered a loss.

Besides, not everyone in this world is ungrateful and not worthy of their help. Ye Shaoyang wants to help others within his ability, and Xiao Liang doesn't think there is anything wrong with this.

Saving him and his companions' lives, and then letting him do whatever he wants, is her best reward for Ye Shaoyang.

"Then let's go a little further tomorrow. I remember there is a large shopping mall about two stops away from here."

What Xiao Liang didn't say was that the large shopping mall was much more upscale than the small shopping mall they went into before.

Although there are no large supermarkets there, there are more than 20 restaurants, four bakery and cake shops, three dessert snack shops, and seven or eight milk tea and juice shops.

You should be able to find some food and water in these places.

"Are you talking about Friendship Mall?" Qiu Liangyu, with bright eyes, immediately approached Xiao Liang, "I remember there are almost thirty fashion stores there."

Xiao Liang poured cold water on her, "The boutiques are selling summer clothes this season. Even if we take those clothes, they won't be of use for the time being."

Qiu Liangyu's interest continued, "Then the weather can't stay like this forever. At worst, I'll just let them stay at the bottom of the box."

Xiao Liang thought about it, "Then I will choose a few pieces to take back to the villa area."

It was a rare opportunity, and those clothes were all high-end goods that she couldn't afford before!

Anyway, she has storage space, so at best she can keep it for a while.

Thinking of this, Xiao Liang suddenly had other ideas. She said to Qiu Liangyu: "There are two jewelry stores selling gold and silver jewelry there. We can pick up a few pieces when the time comes."

Qiu Liangyu subconsciously glanced at the captain Ye Shaoyang who was walking next to them.

Ye Shaoyang smiled slightly at her, "Sister Qiu, is there something wrong?"

Qiu Liangyu was confused for a moment, "You don't mind?"

"Do you mind?" Ye Shaoyang was stunned for a moment, "Are you talking about how many pieces of jewelry you want to get?"

Qiu Liangyu nodded slightly with some guilt.

Ye Shaoyang smiled bitterly, "Have you forgotten that we have actually 'taken' a lot of things from others?"

Since yesterday, they have been collecting supplies everywhere. Which of those things does not belong to the owner?

Just because those things are cheaper, they can't admit that they take them without asking, right?

Since he was taking the jewelry without asking, what position did he have to accuse others of wanting to take the jewelry?

Is it because jewelry is more expensive and cannot be eaten or worn?

Isnt this the fifty steps to laugh at the hundred steps?

Qiu Liangyu scratched his head in embarrassment, "Yes, we have all taken a lot of things for nothing that don't belong to anyone."

"There will be more of this kind of thing in the future." Xiao Liang was afraid that they would feel burdened, "Now is no longer the law-based society we are familiar with. You must learn to adapt to the new environment and accept new rules."

Ye Shaoyang smiled bitterly and nodded slightly, "Yes, in the face of the pressure of survival, we can only choose to temporarily lower our moral bottom line."

Xiao Liang didn't want Ye Shaoyang and the others to feel uncomfortable. She said to Ye Shaoyang and Qiu Liangyu: "If you feel uncomfortable, we can also give the unused supplies to others."

Ye Shaoyang shook his head, "If we don't use it now, it doesn't mean we won't use it in the future. When our team grows in size, what we have will only be a drop in the bucket."

Wang Xufeng did not agree with giving things away to others now. He said to Xiao Liang and others: "Our team now has more than thirty people. Even if no new members join in the future, the materials we have collected cannot actually support it." Too long."

Xiao Liang and others all fell silent.

Yes, even if no new members join, the supplies they collected are still not enough for them to survive until next month.

Seeing everyone's sad faces, Qiu Liangyu tried his best to cheer up the atmosphere, "Oh, why are you all so dejected? There aren't enough things. Can't we just go to other places and bring some back?"

Xiao Liang gave her a thumbs up, "Sister Qiu is right, everything depends on people. We don't need to worry about next month now."

Several people looked at each other, and then laughed in unison.

Yeah, they don't need to worry about next month now.

Seeing that everyone was no longer in a low mood, Xiao Liang decided to give them another small surprise, "I will cook a small hot pot for you tonight. I bought a lot of fresh vegetables, mushrooms and meat from the supermarket today."

After two days of eating bread, biscuits and other convenience foods, her stomach was now craving for a normal meal.

Qiu Liangyu suddenly smiled when he heard this, "Great! Finally we can have a warm and normal meal!"

The others also looked surprised. Not only Xiao Liang, they were already used to eating three meals a day. In fact, no one was used to eating only bread and biscuits every day to satisfy their hunger.

***

Returning to the two-story villa where they temporarily stayed, Xiao Liang washed his hands and started preparing dinner.

Qiu Liangyu rolled up her sleeves and said, "Xiao Liang, give me some water. I'll wash my hands and help you wash the vegetables."

After hearing this, other people also expressed their desire to help Xiao Liang.

Xiao Liang was not polite to them. When everyone lined up to wash their hands, Xiao Liang immediately assigned everyone a task.

Qiu Liangyu chooses vegetables, washes and cuts vegetables, Zhen Zhitong washes and cuts meat, Xiao Liang prepares crab sticks, meatballs, dumplings, sausages and other essential quick-frozen foods for hot pot, Chen Hailong cleans pots, spoons, bowls and chopsticks and other utensils, and Wang Xufeng goes to the second While Lou was rummaging for fermented bean curd, chili sauce, pepper oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and other condiments, Ye Shaoyang first used two large pots cleaned by Chen Hailong to cook noodles for the twenty-seven people in the three-story villa.