116

Chapter 116 Surrounded

Novel: "I am reborn and set up a street stall in the apocalypse" |Shihu | Updated: Collected: 2 years ago

As a person who has witnessed countless disappointments and betrayals, it is really difficult for Xiao Liang to trust the people around him just because of the word "companion".

Those companions she chose to trust without hesitation were all people she had known about in her previous life.

As for those who have not experienced the test of life and death and the test of time, Xiao Liang will not show his back to others easily.

After all, she was someone who had been tricked to death once.

Moreover, in her previous life, when Ye Shaoyang rescued her, there was a high probability that his teammates at the time had plotted against him.

With such a lesson of blood and tears before him, one can easily imagine how defensive Xiao Liang would be.

***

Driving outside S city, Xiao Liang found a spacious open space and started setting up a stall.

She was back to her old job, but the other team members who came with her couldn't help but gather around her.

Except for Cheng Hu, who was her driver, everyone else was sent by Xiao Liang to several gates in S city.

The main task of these people is to get close to the guards at the city gate and the survivors entering and exiting the city. In addition, they are also responsible for observing the situation inside the city through the open city gate.

Chen Hailong and others, who were operating separately from them, were responsible for exploring the surrounding area of ​​the industrial park. Ye Shaoyang wanted to see if there was a suitable place for them to establish a safe zone around the industrial park.

If so, then he doesn't plan to leave his hometown with his team.

His decision was not made without authorization, but took into account the origins of almost everyone in the team and the subjective wishes of everyone in their small group.

As a team with 99% of its members coming from this province, they naturally do not want to leave their province, run to an unknown place, and start a new life.

In addition, there are many ordinary survivors in their team, and it would be extremely troublesome for Ye Shaoyang to move with so many ordinary people.

So the best way is for them to find a place to set up camp.

Anyway, Xiao Liang also said that according to her speculation, the sea water will spread to S City within three years at most, so he should find a place that is a little far away from S City but not too far, and the terrain is relatively high and not easy to be flooded. Flooded, and then temporarily settled in a place with fertile land suitable for farming, I think it should be possible, right?

As for three years from now, Ye Shaoyang feels that he doesn't have to think so far ahead.

Although this catastrophe really caught the officials off guard, they are now gradually restoring their control over the local area.

For a city like D City, where the official armed force is almost zero, and the seawater has submerged half of its land, the government is certainly beyond its reach.

But like S City, there are troops guarding the side, and the city has ancient walls to rely on. With a little repair, a city can help humans resist mutant beasts. Officials think that it will soon be able to make it stable again. Prosperity.

Coupled with the fact that there are no huge existential threats from nature such as seawater erosion that people can do nothing about, there is no doubt that this city will stand in the apocalypse for a long time.

As neighbors of such a relatively prosperous and stable city, they can not only build their own safety zone into a solid fortress to prevent outsiders from interfering, but they can also continue to keep their ears and eyesight, As for the fact that the living environment is too closed, we gradually lose our alertness to changes in the external environment.

With such a preliminary plan, of course they had to explore the surrounding environment.

This is why they just came back from Ye Shaoyang and Wang Xufeng's hometown, and Ye Shaoyang sent two teams out to find out the news.

"How do you sell water and food here?"

As soon as Xiao Liang's small stall opened, survivors queuing in and out of the city gate immediately noticed it.

Some people walked out of the queue and came to her, while others cast curious and probing glances at Xiao Liang while lining up.

"You can exchange it for other materials, or you can exchange it for information."

Xiao Liang still follows the old rules in doing business. People who come to her stall can exchange information for food and drink, or other materials.

Of course, how much they can exchange depends on whether Xiao Liang values ​​what they have given.

To take an extreme example, here in Xiao Liang, gold, which was very expensive before the end of the world, is now the same price as scrap metal.

For another example, jade and jade, which were once highly sought after by the world, are actually no more expensive than scrap metal here in Xiao Liang.

If Xiao Liang, as a woman, didn't naturally have an inexplicable affinity for these things, she wouldn't even waste her food and water to buy these jewelry and jade that have become increasingly worthless after the end of the world.

With Chen Hu's help, Xiao Liang quickly made several deals.

During this period, it was not that no one wanted to deceive Xiao Liang with fabricated false information. After all, no matter where he went, there would be no shortage of people who wanted to take advantage of others and take evil ways.

But who is Xiao Liang?

She is a person who not only has life experience in her previous life, but also has a large number of allies as strong backing.

In addition, she has long developed a good ability to observe the subtleties, and there are really few people in the world who can lie to her face.

Soon those who tried to deceive her were sent away one by one by her. Her seemingly omniscient performance made Cheng Hu admire her even more.

And her fierce methods and fierce force to deal with enemies make those who want to freeload fear.

After witnessing the failure of their "predecessors", the people who had the same idea finally gave up and continued to go to Xiao Liang in small groups to cause trouble.

Of course, they didn't give up.

Human survivors who are used to freeloading have long since lost the ability to learn to be self-reliant.

So, after Xiao Liang closed the stall and before her team members gathered around, she and Cheng Hu were surrounded by a group of people.

The official survivor team of S City only maintains public security in the city. Those who are like Xiao Liang and others who clash at the city gate will not intervene at all as long as they do not want to rush into S City.

It's not that they are cold-blooded, but that in today's world, chaos is a normal phenomenon. Although they are official members of S City's official survivor team, they simply do not have the ability to fully control the surrounding areas of S City.

To be more precise, their team could not even fully control S City.

Xiao Liang and the others were outside the city, so they didn't know that City S actually had the same lawless zone as outside the city.

There are many human survivors who specialize in bad things gathered there. They will cleverly avoid the monitoring and patrols of S City's official survivor team, and then use the loopholes in S City's rules to do things that violate the law or lose their conscience.

And this obviously includes the relatively weak civilian survivor teams that go out to rob the city.