48

Chapter 48 Prepare for a rainy day

Novel: "I am reborn and set up a street stall in the apocalypse" |Shihu | Updated: Collected: 3 years ago

1. No words at all at night. Early the next morning, Ye Shaoyang, Xiao Liang, Zhen Zhitong, and Chen Hailong took Chen Hailong's ten younger brothers out of the villa area.

"Then we're going to collect firewood. If someone with no foresight comes to our door, you must not be merciful." Before setting off, Xiao Liang took Qiu Liangyu's hand and warned her, Wang Xufeng and Mo Xiaohan.

"I got it." Qiu Liangyu smiled and waved his hand towards her, telling her to stop nagging and leave quickly, "'Strike first to gain advantage, strike later to suffer disaster', you've said it so many times, I can't remember it even if I don't want to. .

Xiao Liang pouted, did she want to be so verbose? Isnt she worried about the personal safety of Qiu Liangyu and others?

You must know that in Xiao Liang's previous life, Qiu Liangyu and Wang Xufeng both died young.

Taking a look at the taciturn Mo Xiaohan, Xiao Liang, with a faint worry about Qiu Liangyu and others, silently followed Ye Shaoyang and others to the suburbs outside the city to find combustibles.

No matter whether it is alcohol blocks, charcoal, or coal gas, the reserves in the city are endless. No matter how hard Xiao Liang and the others try to save, the combustibles they collected before will never be able to help them survive. through the long winter ahead.

Therefore, Xiao Liang and the others were mentally prepared to use crop straws or branches and leaves for cooking, boiling water, and heating.

According to Xiao Liang's past life memories, D city will usher in a severe snowstorm that people did not expect in about a month.

The snow lasted for six days in total. When the snow stopped, almost all the buildings in D City were buried under the heavy snow.

And because after the apocalypse, the sky above D City has been firmly covered by a layer of iron-gray smoke. The color of the snow at the end of September is no longer the pure white before the apocalypse, but the same iron-gray color as the current sky. grey.

In Xiao Liang's previous life, this severe snow disaster claimed the lives of countless survivors.

They were almost completely unprepared for this natural disaster, and naturally they would not have prepared enough supplies in advance just in case.

Later, D City simply became a purgatory on earth.

Those who starved to death, those who died of thirst, those who froze to death, those who were killed by others, those who were crushed to death by collapsed houses, those who could not help but eat dirty snow and died of poisoning, those who went out of the city to look for supplies and never came back. .. ...

From the end of September this year to the end of January next year, during the four-month long winter, the population of D City has been falling off a cliff.

As a survivor group that was also ill-prepared, Xiao Liang's small group of a hundred people also lost half of its members after the heavy snow.

Some of these people died of hunger and cold, and some died of the conspiracy behind their companions. Those who conspired against their companions all died at the hands of Xiao Liang without exception.

That was her first time to kill someone. In the circle of D city survivors who were already red-eyed with murder, Xiao Liang could not keep her hands clean after all.

She killed those who raised the butcher knife at her companions, and for the first time after the killing, she put on a straight face and exercised her captain's power.

The family members and friends of the murderer were expelled from the team by her. She was ruthless and did not let them take away any public items that belonged to the team and everyone.

It was ice and snow outside, and those people were driven out empty-handed. What awaited them was definitely not a happy ending.

That was the first time Xiao Liang showed her ruthless side. Since then, her team members have really calmed down.

Because of Xiao Liang's toughness, no one in the team dared to take advantage of his companions.

Also because of Xiao Liang's strength, they grabbed a lot of spare supplies from other teams.

Xiao Liang is very principled. She never takes the initiative. Those who were robbed by them all came to them and wanted to rob them.

In the face of life and death, Xiao Liang will no longer be merciful.

Relying on the steady stream of useless "sheep" that came to their doorstep, Xiao Liang and the remaining half of his team members managed to survive the first unprecedented long winter they encountered.

With the experience and lessons learned in his previous life, Xiao Liang did not want to lose his companions every day like in his previous life.

With the small convenience of living an extra life, Xiao Liang hopes that she can protect as many people around her as possible.

A group of more than a dozen people went to a forest not too far from the villa area, and then the male compatriots took out "committing tools" such as saws, axes, and bags.

This forest, which was originally a scenic forest, has now become unrecognizable.

Ye Shaoyang asked Chen Hailong to lead people to put the lighter branches and leaves into snakeskin bags or tie them together with ropes. He accompanied Zhen Zhitong to the forest to avoid the sight of everyone. , and asked Zhen Zhitong to collect the broken or uprooted thick tree trunks in his alien space.

As for Xiao Liang, this girl is sitting on a tree eating bananas like a monkey, her eyes are staring into the distance, and her legs are dangling slightly. She looks leisurely, but in fact, this girl is responsible for the most important task in the team. Mission - sentry alert.

Even if we don't take into account the Liu brothers and sisters' intention to make things difficult for their team, Xiao Liang still has to guard against sudden attacks by mutant beasts in the wild.

The few of them had been in the woods for just over an hour, and Ye Shaoyang and the others had already collected enough trunks, branches, and leaves.

While Chen Hailong and his group of boys were picking up tools and moving things, Xiao Liang also went for a walk in the forest.

Like Zhen Zhitong, she also built a space with thick tree trunks. The only drawback is that her space is too small, and the amount of firewood she can hold is less than one-tenth of Zhen Zhitong's...

On the way back, Ye Shaoyang, Xiao Liang, Zhen Zhitong, and Chen Hailong each carried a thick tree trunk, while Chen Hailong's younger brothers either carried snakeskin bags filled with leaves in their hands, or carried or carried small branches tied into a large bundle.

A group of people marched back to the villa area. Whenever they met their team of survivors on the way, they all looked at them like fools.

Of course, these people will also look for flammable materials when they come out, but their focus is always on searching for food, water, bedding, clothes, medicine, etc.

Everyone's idea is very simple - the tree just grows (lies) there. Whenever you want to burn it, you can just cut it (move it). However, food and water are rare things that are available to you quickly but not available to you if you are slow. resource.

If it hadn't been for heavy snowfall in another month and the survivors would not be able to go out at all, Xiao Liang would definitely not have suggested that Ye Shaoyang lead people to collect firewood.

"In ten days, I want to spread the news, you..." When taking Xiao Liang and the others on their second trip, Ye Shaoyang asked Xiao Liang's opinion in a low voice.

"Then spread it out." Xiao Liang will not object to Ye Shaoyang helping others within his ability.

Ye Shaoyang had a smile on his face, and he knew that Xiao Liang was actually a person with a hard mouth and a soft heart.

Xiao Liang: You think too much, brother!