Chapter 12: Fuming

Niall's POV

Mr. James pulls me up the stairs by the ear. I watch as the rooms change in instances. I see Mrs. James standing in the doorway of her bedroom. I mouth "thank you" and "good night" to her. She shakes her head and mouths "thank you". I see a tear roll down her face.

"I saw that," Mr. James growled, "So, you're just trying to pick up as many girls as you can. Is that it?" He throws me out the front door and follows. He looks like he's ready to punch me as hard as he can. I back away a little, but he steps with me.

"M-Mr. J-James," I say, "I swear that I wasn't going to do anything to her. I would never do anything bad to a girl. I-I respect them. I don't think it's right what some guys do." I throw my hands in the air as a sign of defeat. Mr. James smirks.

"You mean guys like you. Guys who kiss innocent girls who are enchanted by fake popularity and non=existing talent? Guys who look at girls as just toys or decorations!?" Mr. James booms. I see some lights go on in houses near by.

"Sir, is there any way we can do this inside? P-people are waking up," I say softly, glancing at each of the houses. I see him look at the lights, and he slaps me. I lose my balance and fall to the ground.

"Let them! Let them see the man whore you are!" he screams. More lights come on, and my heart starts to quicken. "Let them see that the famous Niall Horan isn't as innocent as everyone sees and believes!" Mr. James raises his fist and starts punching me. He kicks me in the side. I can hear him laugh the entire time. I look around and see more lights have come on. My eyes start to water even more. I whimper and look behind Mr. James' head. I see Mrs. James holding back the boys. My eyes drift to a window. I see Tara looking at me, her face has tear stains on them. I cry even harder.

"STOP! YOU'RE HURTING HIM!" someone screams. I can't see clearly through my blurry eyes, but I instantly recognize Tara's red hair.

"That's...the...POINT!" Mr. James says though kicks. I hear Tara jump on her dad's back. He stumbles back long enough for Harry and Liam to pick me up. I start to lose consciousness. The last thing I see is Mr. James slap his daughter's face. Gasps go off all around us, but they slowly soften as my mind goes blank.

Tara's POV

Dad slaps my cheek as hard as he can. I hit the cold grass. I look up and see Harry and Liam pick up Niall. Even though my cheek burns like hell, I let out a sigh of relief. Niall's safe. That's all that matters, I think, allowing myself to go unconscious.

TWO DAYS LATER

"Kitara? Honey, are you there?" Mum says, lightly patting my cheek. I wake up with a major headache. I sit up and press my palms to my temples.

"Ow," I say softly. Mum hands me an icepack, and she picks up a card. I look at her as she turns it over in her hands.

"What is that?" I ask, pointing to it. Mum looks up at me, her eyes soft.

"It's nothing, Kitty. Nothing at all," Mum says, she stands up and walks to the door. "Get some sleep." I nod my head and lay my head down. I close my eyes and fall into a dreamless sleep.

A FEW HOURS LATER

I wake up to the smell of lasagna. I get up, but instantly fall back down. I rub my eyes and try to stand again, this time a lot slower. I walk to my bathroom and look in the mirror. Ew! I look horrible! I think. I turn on the water and get undressed. I jump in the shower and just stand there.

"Honey?" Mum says through the bathroom door. I groan but turn off the water. I step out and am greeted by the cold air. I scream a little and dash to find a towel. Once I found one, I wrap it around me and open the door. I scream as I see Mum with a steak knife in her hand.