Chapter 19: Memory Loss

Tara's POV

Hunter and I spend the whole day together. We walk around and eat and talk. I cherish every moment I have left with him.

"Hey, stay with me tonight," Hunter says, driving down the road to his flat. I nod my head.

We get to the building, and he walks up to the double doors. Weird, I think, he normally opens my door. Oh well, maybe he's just on edge about everything. I get out, and I walk over to him. I rub his back, but he grunts and shrugs me off. I frown and follow him inside.

The second he closes his door, he's all over me. I scream a little. His hands instantly go up my shirt, and he starts to mess with my bra hook. I squirm, but he has me pressed against the wall. He's kissing me fiercely and hungrily. I'm honestly kind of scared. He knows that I want to wait to have sex until I'm married, but, right now, I think all he knows is what he wants; me. I squirm even more as he pulls my shirt over my head. I scream against his harsh kisses, but he quiets me by biting on my lip. I try to move away from him.

"S-s-stop!" I shout. He growls and pushes me onto the couch. He lays on top of me and continues to kiss me.

FOUR HOURS LATER

Hunter finally falls asleep. I slowly get up and find my clothes.

"Thank God he didn't get my underwear off," I say to myself. I quickly get dressed. I grab my purse and phone and leave the house. I walk down the street. For being almost one in the morning, there are a lot of people out. I look at the street. Wow, I think, I never realized that Hunter lives almost an hour away from me.

I sit down on a bench and try to figure out what to do. I can't call Josie, or I won't call her, anyway. Waiting for a cab sounds horrible, but I think that's the only way to get home. I pull out my phone and am scrolling through the cab companies near me. I find one and phone it. I stand up when I hear someone on the other end.

"Hi! I need a cab at twenty-fourth street. What do you mean there aren't any cabs available? Why the hell does your website say that there's always a cab ready then?" I shout into my phone. I look up and see two guys staring at me. I sigh and say goodbye to the man and hang up. I sit back down on the bench and stare at my phone.

"Josie is the only person left for me to call," I mumble unhappily. I start dialing her number when four feet appear under my phone. I slowly look up and see two young men looking down at me. I open my mouth ready to scream when I hear a familiar voice.

"Are you okay, Tara?" Louis asks. My entire body relaxes. I nod my head.

"Y-y-yeah," I say shakily.

"Really? 'Cause you didn't sound okay when you were on the phone with that cab man," Harry says. My shoulders slump, and I look down.

"Fine, I'm an hour away from my dorm. The damn cab company doesn't have a cab that can take me home. And I refuse to call Josie for help," I say, exasperated. Harry glances at Louis. Louis takes my hands and pulls me to a standing position. I whine a little. Harry chuckles at this.

"How 'bout you stay the night with us. We're staying just a little from here. I'll drive you back in the morning," Louis says. I start to shake my head when I see a man leave Hunter's house. Hunter, I think, he's awake. And now he wants me to come with him. I must've looked pretty frightened because Harry turns around and looks at Hunter. I inhale sharply and nod my head.

"Yeah. Yeah, okay. But, um, can we go, like, now?" I ask hurriedly. Louis nods his head and pulls Harry's shoulder so he follows us.

We get to a huge house; actually, it's more like a mansion. Louis takes my hand and guides me through the gate. I stare in awe at it and follow him. Harry pulls out a key and unlocks the door. I look back at the gate and see a man on the other side of the street staring at us. I shiver and walk inside.

The foyer itself could be an entire home. I look down at the marble flooring and up at the crystal chandelier. My jaw drops, and I physically can't move. This house is gorgeous. I'm frozen in the middle of the foyer just staring at everything. Even though it is dark, I can tell that the room is spotless. They must have a maid or something because there is no way five guys can keep a room this clean, I think.

"This way, love," Harry says standing on the steps. I follow him up the wooden steps. My legs take me up the long staircase that keep going up. Harry gets off on the third floor and starts walking down the hallway. I look up and see that there are at least two other floors left. I follow Harry down the hallway and into a room. The room is neatly kept and obviously one of the boys' sister's room.

"You can sleep here. There are some extra clothes in the drawers," Harry says, pointing to a dark wooden drawer set. I nod my head and walk over to it. I open a drawer and find some sweatpants and a tank top.

"Thank you, Harry," I say. Harry nods his head and leaves. I walk over to a door and find the bathroom. I step inside and change into the borrowed clothes.

THE NEXT MORNING

I wake up the next morning in an unfamiliar bed. I try to remember what had happened last night, but all I can remember is being at Hunter's house. I remember falling asleep next to him, and then deciding to leave and go back to Uni.

I get dressed and walk out the door. I walk to the stairs and stop. There are at least two other floors both above and below me. I decide to go down. I walk down one flight of steps and stop. I see a boy with black hair come out a bedroom. He's shirtless, but he doesn't seem to be fazed that a random girl is in his home. He actually looks familiar, but I can't remember where from.

"Oh! Hello, Tara," he says. I step back and fall down the stairs. The boy comes rushing down to help me. My head is pounding.

"How...do you...know my name?" I ask shakily. The boy gives me a confused look. He helps me up and guides me down the stairs until we are in a beautiful foyer. I stop and gape at it.

"Tara! How are you?" a new boy says. He has brown hair and bluish-green eyes. His hair is a bit messy, but it's the nice kind of messy.

"Lou, go get Tara an ice pack," the black haired boy says. Louis goes off and comes back with an ice pack and a coffee mug.

"Here you go, Tara," Louis says. He looks at the other boy. "So, Zayn, what happened?" Zayn shrugs his shoulders and sits me down on the couch. I swear, I know these boys, I think.

"Hey, boys! Oh! Tara's here too," a blonde boy says. Suddenly I remember how I know them. They're One Direction. I stand up quickly and walk to the other side of the room. Niall, I remember, takes a step closer. I back away.

"Y-y-you're One Direction," I stammer as Liam and Harry walk down the steps.

A/N:

Heylo! So how are you guys? I hope everyone is having a nice summer. And if you've already started school, Im so sorry and hope it's going well so far. And, because I feel like this will make someone laugh (PurpleSpaceUnicorn11), a gigantic mosquito just landed on my phone. It's huge and creepy and probably still in this room. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying my story. And I'd really appreciate it when you guys comment, vote, and/or follow me. Well, that's it. Love ya! 

P.S. Go check out my partner-in-crime's story. She's an amazing writer. And if you do read it, please spam her to update. 

P.S.S. I just realized that I forgot to give you her name O_O. LOL, it's PurpleSpaceUnicorn11