Chapter 59: Sneaky Me, Wimpy Me

Tara's POV

I make it out the hotel without any difficulties. I saw someone who looked like Zayn but it wasn't him. That was a scary moment. But, other than that, as far as I know, no one is aware that I'm gone.

I walk down the street and flag down a cab. I check my phone to make sure no one has texted me. Thankfully, no one has.

I get to the airport at 5:45 and just barely make it to my gate. The flight attendant glares at me as I hand her my ticket. When I get on the plane, I spot an open window seat and sit down. Just before the plane takes off, a boy about my age sits down next to me. I don't pay him any mind, and, instead, plug my headphones in.

About halfway through the seemingly endless plane ride, the boy next to me puts his arm around my shoulder. I want to scream so loud and hit his stupid face but as I turn around to yell at the guy, I am shocked frozen. Sitting next to me is Hunter Brinx. My scared expression quickly turns to excitement as I see his ever present smirk.

"Hey, babe," Hunter says, leaning close so his hot breath is warming my neck. I smile to myself and look up at him.

"Hi," I say shyly. I lean into his shoulder, and Hunter tightens his arm around my shoulder. The airplane noise soon melts away until all I can hear is Hunter's slow breathing and beating of his heart. My own heart beat quickens and my mind slows down. I feel safe with him, but something isn't right. I think back to when I had fallen asleep next to Niall on the way to the States.

PLANE RIDE TO THE STATES

My eyes squeeze shut as I let out a big yawn. Niall looks over at me, an amused look on his face.

"Take a nap, love," Niall says softly. I nod my head and lean my head back against the cushioned head rest. Niall starts moving things and, soon enough, a fluffy blanket covers my bare legs. I smile and place my head on my hand to be a bit more comfortable. Niall laughs at me and slumps down. I don't know why, but my head goes straight for his shoulder. It places itself down on him and Niall doesn't care at all. Instead, he grins and places his head on top of mine.

It doesn't take too much longer after that for my eyes to finally close and my mind to give in to sleep.

PRESENT TIME

My stomach doesn't have that nice fuzzy I had gotten with Niall. Instead, my stomach starts flip flopping around inside me. I shut my eyes tight and force myself to forget Niall. I force myself to sleep until we arrive in London.

FIVE HOURS LATER

I wake up from a screaming kid. I groan, my face pressed against Hunter's shoulder. He chuckles to himself and pushes me off him. I rub my eyes to get the sleep out of them and look around. The window outside me shows that we are landing right now. Thank goodness! I think happily. That happy feeling only lasts a few minutes, though, because I quickly remember why I'm here.

The plane lands, and Hunter and I step off the steps. We grab our bags and head out the airport. The parking lot is crazy since it's about 2:30PM here. Everyone is coming back from their trips I guess.

I spot a driver holding a sign with my name on it and Hunter finds his friend's car. We say goodbye and go our separate ways with a promise to meet up later. I walk towards the man and he opens the door before grabbing my bags. I hop in and shut the door so that the driver can get to his seat without having to squeeze between my door and the car next to us.

"I'm Brent. Your ride is already paid. Don't speak, and I pick the music," Brent says quickly. I nod my head and look out the window. Brent turns the music up really loudly. I ignore it as best I can, but one song comes on that causes my heart to sink.

[Liam]: I've tried playing it cool, But when, I'm looking at you, I can't ever be brave, 'Cause you make my heart race.

[Harry]: Shot me out of the sky, You're my kryptonite, You keep making me weak, Yeah, frozen and can't breathe.

[Zayn]: Something's gotta give now, 'Cause I'm dying just to make you see, That I need you here with me now, 'Cause you've got that one thing.

[All]: So get out, get out, get out of my head, And fall into my arms instead, I don't, I don't, don't know what it is, But I need that One Thing, And you've got that one thing

[Niall]: Now I'm climbing the walls, But you don't notice at all, That I'm going out of my mind, All day and all night.

[Louis]: Something's gotta give now, 'Cause I'm dying just to know your name, And I need you here with me now, 'Cause you've got that One Thing.

[All]: So get out, get out, get out of my head, And fall into my arms instead, I don't, I don't, don't know what it is, But I need that One Thing.

So get out, get out, get out of my mind,
And come on, come into my life, I don't, I don't, don't know what it is, But I need that One Thing, And you've got that One Thing.

Woah-oh-oh-oh, Woah-oh-oh-oh, Woah-oh-oh-oh.

[Harry]: You've got that One Thing.

[Liam]: Get out, get out, get out of my head,
And fall into my arms instead.

[All]: So get out, get out, get out of my head,
And fall into my arms instead, I don't, I don't, don't know what it is, But I need that one thing,

So get out, get out, get out of my mind (out of my mind), And come on, come into my life,
I don't, I don't, don't know what it is, But I need that One Thing, Yeah, you've got that One Thing.

Tears start slipping down my face as I remember Niall saying this was his favorite song.

"Can you please change the song?" I ask politely. Brent growls and turns around to face me. He jabs a finger at me and starts yelling, one hand on the steering wheel and no eyes on the road.

"What did I say? I said NO TALKING! And I control the music. I love these boys and I can't hear their beautiful voices with all your sobbing back there. So, you better shut up or I'll kick you out and make you pay double!" Brent shouts. I shrink back and look away, afraid that I'll start bawling and jump out on my own.

Instead, I hold it in and look at the passing buildings.

A/N:

Heylo! So, I'm updating because Perfect by Yours Truly... ONE DIRECTION!!! came out this morning and that's a good enough reason on its own. I've had the song on replay since I got it which was like two hours ago... Haha.

I'm also updating as a little gift to PurpleSpaceUnicorn11 because I can't go to her party. I hope it's fun and I have a feeling something good is gonna happen tonight! SORRY Lillian!

Anyway, if you like my story, please comment, vote, and/or follow me! I love you guys!!!

P.S. You should really preorder Made In the A.M., just saying.