Chapter 16: Niall's Unexpected Visit

Niall's POV

Zayn comes into my room around 7:30 and pulls my covers off of me. My head snaps up as my skin reacts to the cold air around me.

"What'd you that for?" I ask, looking up at him. He ignores my question and walks over to my closet. I sit up and watch as he pulls out a clean pair of jeans and a light blue shirt. I roll my eyes as I realize that Zayn is going to make me get him food or something.

"Get dressed," Zayn says, throwing the clothes at me. I watch them land on my bed, but I don't make a move to actually change. "Now!"

I get up and go to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and frown. Geez, I think, What happened to me?

FIVE MINUTES LATER

I come out, fresh and clothed, to find Zayn and Harry sitting on my bed.

"So, what kind of food am I getting?" I ask, walking over to my dresser for my wallet. I look back at Harry and Zayn when they don't respond.

"Um, actually, Tara isn't doing anything tonight, and we think it'd be a good idea if you went and hung out with her," Zayn says. Harry nods his head in agreement.

"Or you could take her to the cinema or the park," Harry suggests. My head goes back as I understand what they're getting at.

"Guys, I'm not going to take Tara out or do anything with her," I say. I walk back to the bathroom to change back to my pajamas. Zayn jumps up and runs to the bathroom door. He stands in front of it with his arms crossed. I hear Harry stand up from my bed and walk up to me. I turn to look at him.

"Ni, it's been forever since you've been out. Just go and hang out with her," Harry says. I can tell that he genuinely wants me to stop mourning. I let out a sigh and nod my head.

"Yeah, okay. I'll go pick up Tara and take her to the cinema," I say. I walk back over to get my wallet and phone and head towards the door. Right before I walk through the door, I stop and turn to look at the boys.

"Thanks, boys."

ONE HOUR LATER

I drive down the road and see Tara's dorm house. I sigh loudly and pull into the parking lot. I park the car and look up at all the windows.

"Shoot! I don't even know which dorm room is hers," I say, smacking the steering wheel. I see some girls pass my car, and I quickly pull out some shades and a hat. I get out once I know they're inside and start walking to the front door. I open the door, and I suddenly feel nervous. Not like I'm-about-to-perform nervous; it's more like shit-I-didn't-study-for-the-test nervous. I laugh a little as I remember this feeling from school so long ago.

I walk down the hall until I see a woman, dorm adviser I think, sitting behind a desk labeled Front Desk.

"Excuse me, can you please tell me which dorm Tara James is in?" I ask politely. I try changing my accent a little so it's less obvious on who I am. The lady looks up at me, her glasses sliding down her nose a little. I smile at her, but she keeps her frown.

"Name and student ID please," the lady says.

"Um, Niall and I don't go here," I say, my voice shaking slightly. The lady nods her head a little.

"Are you a relative?"

"No."

"Then how do you know Ms. James?" the lady asks, looking at me and folding her hands. "I know you're not her boyfriend because Tara left with another gentleman over an hour ago. So, who are you?"