Chapter 46: Dreaming of You

Please read the A/N! Thanks! Love ya!

Tara's POV

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I wake up to a dark room. The clock reads 2:35. I stare at the ceiling until I finally accept the fact that I'm not going to be getting any more sleep tonight.

I walk out to the living area to see a few beer bottles scattered around the room. I see someone sleeping on the couch. As I get closer, I can make out his features. He's wearing sweatpants and a white T-shirt. His hair is messy and he has stubble that could pass as a short beard. I lean forward to make sure that it is Louis and not some random lad who looks like him. I, stupidly, breath in the horrible stench of beer. I choke a little and straighten up. I wave a hand in front of my face to clear the scent from the air around my nose.

I turn around and let out a soft scream. The kitchen light is illuminating one of the boys. I can't see any features so I take a step forward. The person does too. As soon as we are in the middle, I see that it's Niall. He's looking down at me like he's debating something. My heart starts to beat faster as I stand on my toes and I close my eyes. Niall starts to lean down towards me and I feel myself doing the same. He presses his lips onto mine.

The kiss numbs my whole body. Everything I know and have been trying to forget melts away as the kiss continues. I smile into the kiss as Niall stops to breath. He pushes his forehead against mine so he can look directly in my eyes. His stare is nerve wracking yet comforting all at the same time. I don't understand how he does it.

"Tara," Niall says, a smile playing on his face. I don't know what to say so I just stay quiet.

Suddenly, a loud gasp goes off behind us. Niall and I pull apart and spin around to see who had caught us. My blood turns cold as I see Liv staring at us with an open mouth. Niall steps away from me and starts trying to explain what Liv just saw. Liv doesn't listen at all. Instead, she just screams at me. I try to fight back her accusations, but that is kind of hard when the accusations are true.

"Shut up, BITCH!" Liv shouts. She lunges towards me and tackles me to the ground. I hit the ground with a loud thump. Liv swipes at my face with her ever growing red nails. I try to push her off but someone is helping her stay on top of me. I try to look past her, but the person falls in the dark shadows. The person behind her grunts loudly. I recognize the grunt, but can't remember where I had heard it before. Someone had grunted just like that, but who?

"You don't deserve Niall. Or Hunter!" Liv screams. I stop wriggling under her. Liv sees that she's hit a nerve and smirks. She stops moving on top of me and sits still. The man helping Liv moves his hands away from her waist and leans forward. I let out a scream as I see Hunter's face coming closer and closer. He's staring at me with such hatred and distaste that it burns my skin and snaps my heart in half. If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I wake up shaking. I try to breathe normally, but the oxygen in the room isn't sufficient enough for my burning lungs. I shakily stand up and stumble my way to the door. I open it and walk out. I take a deep breath and finally start to calm down. My eyes adjust to the dimness. There are bottles littered everywhere. I see someone sleeping on the couch. I inhale sharply as I remember my dream. I want to back away into the suffocating room, but my legs walk to the person. I remember seeing Louis' perfect features and breathing in his alcoholic breath. I lean forward, and just like in my dream, I choke on the smell and stand up.

Someone behind me hits a creaky floorboard. I spin around to see the same silhouette from my dream. I know exactly who it is. Again, I want to run back to the room, but my legs move to him. Niall walks to me until we are inches away from each other. My breathing slows down to almost nothing. Niall's endless eyes stare down at me, and then, he slowly leans forward. I stand up on my toes, lean forward, and close my eyes. But right before our lips touch, I turn away. Niall stops and looks down at me, hurt. I look at the ground and take a step back.