Chapter 22: Crappy Crap

Niall's POV

I start walking, Tara's backpack on my shoulder. I turn around to see her standing there, smiling her beautiful smile.

"You coming?" I shout. She nods her head and comes running toward me. She catches up to me easily. I smile at her. Tara looks ahead of us, avoiding eye contact. Why won't she look at me? I think, I bet she's thinking that I'm ugly or a horrible singer. I mean, basically half the girls in the One Direction fanbase do. So, what's stopping her from thinking it, too? Tara stops at a little diner. I look up at it.

"Clarissa's," I read. I like the sound of it. I nod my head. I open the door and gesture for her to walk in. I watch as Tara walks in, her head still down, but this time I can see a smile is back on her lips. I walk in after her, and we sit down at a table. I sit across from her. She glances up, but quickly hides her face with the menu. A waitress comes by and smiles down at us. Her smile tells me that she recognizes me.

"H-hi. Welcome to Clarissa's. I'm Suzi. Can I start y-you off with a drink?" Suzi asks, directing the question to me. I look at Tara.

"I'll have an Orange Cow," Tara says. Suzi writes it down, a frown on her face. She looks at me, her smile returning.

"I'll have a Coke," I say. Suzi smiles again and turns to go get our drinks. I set my menu down and look at Tara. She looks at me, her face turning red. I love it when she blushes. She just has this way of looking cute no matter what.

"What?" Tara asks, "Do I have something on my face?" I shake my head, smiling. I am about to tell her that she looks beautiful when Suzi comes up to us with our drinks. She sets mine down, but she basically throws Tara's down. Orange foam and ice cream flys all over the table. I glare at Suzi, but she walks away, a smirk dancing on her lips. I grab a napkin and start cleaning up the orange foam around Tara's cup. Tara flinches when my hand brushes against her hand. I look at her, expecting to be yelled at, but instead she shakes her head and looks at her lap.

"Crap," Tara says. I chuckle at her cursing, "I got an orange stain on my shirt. I'll be right back." I nod my head, still cleaning up the mess.

The mess is cleaned up, but Tara still isn't back. Suzi has come back a few times, but I just tell her to come back in a minute. She doesn't seem to mind all that much.

Niall: I'm out with Tara. She's been in the bathroom for a while. Is it possible that she ditched me?

I text the boys in our group chat. I sigh, thinking of being ditched when this isn't even a date. At least it isn't to me. If I were to ask her out, I'd want to ask her in a way that she would remember forever. But, I think that she's nervous that this is a date.

Liam: Calm down, Niall. I'm sure she's just fixing her make up

Harry: Or maybe she's on her lady's time

Zayn: Seriously? I'm drinking fruit punch right in front of you, and you still bring it up

Niall: Haha. You're such a weirdo, Harry

Louis: I BET SHE'S CALLING ONE OF HER FRIENDS FOR HELP SINCE SHE'S OUT WITH NIALL HORAN!!!

Liam: Could be. Girls do that all the time

Harry: Really? I thought they just are always prepared for anything, and that's why it's so hard to surprise them

Louis: No.

I laugh at the conversation we are having. I look up and see Tara coming towards me. She has spaghetti sauce on her shirt and noodles in her hair. I stand up, immediately worried about what happened.