Chapter 14: Let's Talk Sense

Niall's POV

I stay in my room whenever we're not doing anything. Of course, we've had concerts and interviews, but other than that, I stay in my room. Liam and Louis come in every now and then to make sure I'm okay and not doing anything bad. Truth is, I could never self-harm myself. It sounds too painful and horrible; plus, I hate blood.

"Niall, I got Nando's for you," Harry says through the door. I sigh.

"'Kay. Leave it at the door. I'll get it when I'm hungry," I shout back.

"Not this time, Nialler. This time, if you want food, you have to come out of your room and eat out here," Liam says back. I roll my eyes.

"Fine, then I guess I'm never gonna eat again," I shout, getting annoyed with Liam's constant bickering to come out. I mean, if I want to come out, I'd be out there eating with the lads and laughing; not in my room, in the dark, wishing I could talk to Tara.

Liam's POV

"Fine, then I guess I'm never gonna eat again," Niall shouts back. I look at Harry, clenching my fists. Niall has become a pester. I'm trying not to get mad because, honestly, he's moping over nothing. I mean, I like Tara, she's a great girl, but Niall just met her. So, I've got some questions floating in my head. I look back at the door.

"Niall James Horan! I'm going to count to ten, and if you're not out here before I finish, I'm going to kick this damn door down!" I yell. I'm pissed now that he won't do anything. Interviews and concerts, he acts perfectly fine, but hanging around is just miserable. I hear Niall laugh, so I start counting.

"One...two...three...four," I start slowly, "Five...six...seven...eight...nine!" I glance at Harry, and I can tell he's worried about Niall.

"TEN!" I shout. I kick the door and watch as my foot makes a hole big enough for my arm to fit through, and I unlock the door.

I stroll through the door, and I flick the lights on. I look at Niall's face and am pleased to see that his eyes are scared. I smile and pull out a chair from under the desk. I sit in it backwards and sigh.

"Ni, you gotta get out of this room," I say sternly. I look at his face and see that he's trying not to shout at me.

"I'll come out when I want to," Niall says sourly. I glare at him and get up and walk over to him.

"Why are you acting like this?" I yell. Niall looks at me, his eyes flashing with anger. He stands up and walks over to his dresser. "Niall. Tell me why you're acting so weird."

"You don't get it!" Niall shouts, spinning to face me. "Tara is the first girl I met that I actually thought could be cool to hang out with. I wanted to ask her, but I didn't want to make it seem that I liked her. 'Cause I don't even know how I feel about her. She's a girl that has a beautiful smile and sparkling eyes. What do you say to a girl like her? I don't know! So, I wasn't going to do anything until I knew exactly how I felt. But then you dare me to fricken kiss her!"

"Niall, I-" I start to say.

"God! And I knew someone was going to do it. I thought Louis or Harry; but not you, Liam," Niall says, slowly calming down.

My mind spins.

"I only did that 'cause I knew that Louis would make it worse. And Harry and Zayn didn't want to mess with you and Tara. I thought that maybe if you kissed her, you'd finally grow some balls and ask her out instead of coming home and yelling at yourself for not making a move. I knew you were going to come home, mad at yourself. But I didn't think you would come home beaten up by her father," I say back. I look at Niall's face and see that he's having mixed emotions.

"Ni, I'm sorry things ended up like they did. I really am. But you got to move on. This is obviously the universe's way of telling you it wasn't meant to be." I say softer this time.

"That can't be true," Niall says softly. I walk closer to him and see that he has tears streaming down his face. I pull him into a hug.

"Liam, I've...I've never felt this way before. Something about her is driving me crazy," Niall says through sobs. "Why do I feel like I'm breaking?" I sigh, everything falling into place.

He's in love.

And, I can't tell him. But, of course, I can't say anything. If I say that he's in love, he'll call me crazy and then totally shut out Tara. I know he's only had about four girlfriends, none lasting very long. He's afraid of love. And he'll never get over it if he shuts Tara out forever, I think.

"Mate, everything will be fine. I promise," I say. I pat his back and then lead him out the room.