Chapter 21: I Wanted Coffee, I Get Niall Horan

Tara's POV

I walk out of the living room. I glance back in and see all the boys wrestling. I laugh a little to myself and walk back to the door. I quietly open the door and slip out.

I walk down the long driveway and open the gate. Geez, I think, these boys are seriously loaded. I open the gate and walk out. Not too many people are out, so I smile and start walking.

I walk down the street and decide to call a cab. The cab comes, and I hop in. As the car passes the boys' house, I see Louis at the front door watching the car. I look down so he can't see my face.

The cab ride is long and silent. I look down at my phone and see Niall texted me.

Niall: I have a question

Tara: Shoot

Niall: I'll pick you up at three, and we can talk there

Tara: Ok

I sigh and put my phone down. I don't actually want to meet up with Niall; I really just want him to ask me his question, and I can give him a simple answer. I know that he's probably going to ask me why I just left the house, and, honestly, I don't really know why I did. I just felt like if I stayed, I'd get in trouble from someone. Plus, I need to get back and study for the inevitable finals.

ONE HOUR LATER

I get back to the dorm building, and I am pooped. I unlock my door and almost have a heart attack. In my room is a random girl putting up posters of skeletons and graveyards.

"Um, can I help you?" I ask timidly. The girl looks over at me, her black eyes piercing through me. I open my mouth to say something, but she starts hitting her hand on the wall. I don't know what to do.

"DAMMIT!" the girl screams. I jump back and grab my backpack. Thank goodness I always keep my school things in my backpack, I think gratefully. I run down the stairs to the lounge and over to the welcoming desk.

"Hey, Mrs. Yule!" I say scared yet happily. Mrs. Yule looks up at me and smiles. She holds her finger up to signal for me to wait a minute. I nod my head and walk over to the bulletin board. I see the usual flyers, but one catches my attention particularly.

"Okay, sorry, Tara. Mr. Gert is quite mad that more girls didn't sign up for the summer science class," Mrs. Yule says, grimacing. I laugh. I walk over to her and show her the flyer.

"Is this true? Do I have to have a certain number of hours of internship to be able to join the early admission program?" I ask. I was already signed up, but I haven't gotten an acceptance letter yet. Mrs. Yule takes the paper from me and skims the details.

"Looks like it, sweetie. Man, that must stink. I mean, most of the labels that do internships are really hard to get in. And it'll be even harder since it's so late," Mrs. Yule says sadly. I nod my head. I take in a breath as I try to think of places I can apply for an internship so late.

"Yeah," I say, "Anyway, I thought I should tell you that there's a creepy girl in my room hanging pictures of dead people up. So, could you, like, tell her to get out?" Mrs. Yule's expression is blank.

"What do you mean? Catey is your new roommate," Mrs. Yule says. I stare at her, my mouth hanging open.

"But, Josie Hughes is my roommate," I say, disbelief bleeding into my tone. Mrs. Yule looks at me questioningly. She pulls open a file drawer and takes out my file.

"It says that on April 12, you had sent in a request for a new roommate. And on Josie's file," Mrs. Yule pulls Josie's file out, "it says the same thing." I look at her, shock covering my face. I shake my head.