Chapter 34: I Have To

Niall's POV

I wake up to the sound of Louis talking. I get up and walk into the living area. I find Louis attempting to cook again.

"Anyone know how to whisk?" Louis asks. I shrug my shoulders, and Liam nods his head.

"Yeah, you just mix it really, really fast," Liam says, moving his hands as a demonstration. I watch and so does Louis. I turn to Louis and stare at his attempt to copy Liam's motion. Harry walks in, his boxers the only thing on, and mumbles a hello.

"Morning, Hazza!" Louis yells, looking up momentarily from his bowl of goopy batter.

"Lou, what are you making?" Harry asks, picking up the bowl Louis was mixing. "'Cause if it's pancakes, they're not right. You're missing the eggs and maybe add a little more flour."

Louis moves around the small kitchen and finds the ingredients. I turn my attention to the couch. I sit my arse down and smile as I feel myself sink in. I watch the tele screen switch from one show to commercial. My mind sees the pictures but it doesn't process anything. All I can really focus on right now is Tara. She was acting so strange last night. I know that she isn't fine, like she claimed. I wanted to follow her and comfort her, but Liam told me to let her go. I immediately went to bed after that.

So, new day, new beginning. I am planning on going to Tara's room as soon as I showered. Which means I can't shower until I eat because if I go now, Louis will try to serve us breakfast, Harry will serve us our actual breakfast, and everyone will eat without me. Which means, I'll have to make my own breakfast instead of Harry's amazing pancakes.

"Yo!" I say, "Are you gonna make your pancakes, Harry?"

Harry nods his heads, and Louis looks hurt. I laugh 'cause I know it's fake.

I turn my attention back to the tele, but I still can't focus. I don't understand why I have this annoying feeling. I mean, Tara doesn't even like me that way, and I don't like her that way either. Do I? Tara is all I can think about. I always want to make her happy, and I love hearing her laugh. And when she blushes, gosh, I just want to scoop her up in my arms and hold her forever. She's perfect. So, why can't I have her? Why can't I make her mine? She's here with me for a whole summer. And, I'm going to make sure that she is my girlfriend before the end of this tour. I'm going to make her my girlfriend no matter what.

"Niall, can I talk to you?" Paul says, snapping me back to reality. I stare at him, not sure how to reply. I glance at Liam and he's giving me a weird look.

"Yeah," I say, finally replying. I stand up and follow Paul out the bus. He walks back to the hotel and up a few flights of stairs. I follow silently, trying to think of anything I've done that could get me in trouble.

We finally stop at a door. Paul unlocks it and walks in. When I don't enter immediately, Paul turns to look at me. I smile sheepishly and walk in. I close the door and walk further in the room. It's your typical hotel room: a bed, a table and dresser, a tele, and a lamp and a bedside table. I look on the table and see a lot of papers; papers with girls' pictures on them.

My mind starts to process everything and I slowly back up. I watch Paul, and I can tell that this isn't his idea. He actually looks sympathetic towards me. I hit something squishy and know instantly who it is. I grimace but turn around. And, just as I suspected, Simon Cowell is in front of me.

"Hi, Uncle Si!" I say, faking my excitement. I glance behind him at the door.

"Hello, Niall. How are you?" Simon asks. I start to shake. I know what's happening, and I really don't want it to. If this works out for them, then my whole summer plan is going to be harder than I had hoped.